Panzer Command 4

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

general_solomon

Panzer Command 4

Post by general_solomon »

this may too early to ask but will do so. are there plans as of yet for the next full title?

I know Mad R. has talked about improvements to the Infantry. what else will be worked on?
Mobius

RE: Panzer Command 4

Post by Mobius »

Not so much plans as ideas.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I was kind of hoping for at least a bit of a break, after we got PCO finished, to take a deep breath. We've been doing this for several years and most of that has been pretty intense.

If we let you guys play PCO for a bit then you'll have some ideas about what you want to see as well as what we'd like and we can begin to put the two trains of thought together.

There's really no telling where PC ends up going from here. As I think PCO will show we can do pretty much anything we, as a community, set out to do with it.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
general_solomon

Post by general_solomon »

that is really refreshing to hear. all of you need a well deserved break. take a week off and get started on pc4. [:D]

i think there are enough campaigns in pco that it will be awhile before most of us would want more.

I do recommend that you guys start thinking about codeing this game so it can be compatible on a new windows 7 tablets.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

You probably haven't seen all of the PCO scenarios and campaigns that are yet to be released between now and PC4 as well.

Good Hunting.

MR

HintJ

Post by HintJ »

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

i think there are enough campaigns in pco that it will be awhile before most of us would want more.

For my playing style, there's a lifetime of gameplay just in PCK. I'm still under turn 4 in the demo mission! Each turn plays like a chapter for me: watching replays from each unit, checking total views from each unit in the turn/reaction, almost always staying at level l, and almost never de-selecting for the human Borg view. The fog of war that exists in my mind only adds to the enjoyment. For example, is the T-34 spotted by the MG team the same spotted by my tank destroyer, or are there two of them??? I have to watch very closely.

Here's an idea for PC4: give us the option to disable the Borg-view of the minimap--only the option, please, not as standard.

I get lost in this game, every unit becomes unique (thanks for adding common names in the demo), and every evening I get to see/experience a new chapter, so to speak.

The value for me is unrivaled, if I took the free update I would be in a "division by zero" error, but of course I'm going to pay for it.
"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I own both previous PC titles and have enjoyed them very much. The latest looks like a great step forward and I will be upgrading on the 11th.

My personal preference would be for more work to be done on the infantry animations, although the improvements in this release are great, and for full-sized infantry squads to be represented (i.e. a 1-1 relationship with real life).

Also, the tracer effects and small arms effects in general could be better IMO.

The terrain modelling/vegetation is developing very nicely, but on higher-end machines it could still go to the next level - I think you need a 'super-ultra' option :) If you were able to take it to the ToW3 or Total War level graphically you'd be #1 in the market for authentic simulations, I think, as your overall tactical and combat modelling is way more realistic/convincing/satisfying than theirs. I know that a lot of people say the graphics are just superficial gloss, but many of us find them very important nonetheless. (Hope you don't mind me referencing other titles).

Looking at the demo, the armour model seems pretty much done to me - very mature, realistic and immersive - excellent work.

I would stick with the Eastern Front, if I was you guys, since competing titles are invading the west as we speak. Maybe a North Africa add-on or a what-if campaign that postulates Rommel taking Egypt and AGS breaking through to Persia? Another theater rarely covered is The Battles of Khalkhyn Gol and the later Soviet invasion of Japanese territory in 1945. Educational, if not the most marketable of ideas...

For future road map ideas, how about a strategic layer that allows the players to make genuine operational decisions about where the next battle should be fought and with what forces? If you used a simple Close Combat-type approach, at least initially, this would probably suffice.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Tiller is the only one that I know of that has modeled Pacific War tactical land battles and it would be great if this engine went that direction. I'd really love to play this on the Guadacanal Map and I really want to fight against the Japs as it was they who really did the US wrong first and foremost. I/We deserve to pretend to get them good. [:)] My idea of a model for a Jap at least commander unit would be wearing large round rimmed black glasses with a thin lined mustache and a whip in hand. [:)] Plus the Russians have sort of the human wave and the Japs could have Banzai attacks like that.
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

You're preaching to the choir diablo1. The Pacific War, or more specifically jungle warfare is on almost every single wish list I know of.

Now about how they will look, luckily for you I won't be involved in that. I can't even draw stick men!

Good Hunting.

MR

diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

You're preaching to the choir diablo1. The Pacific War, or more specifically jungle warfare is on almost every single wish list I know of.

Now about how they will look, luckily for you I won't be involved in that. I can't even draw stick men!

Good Hunting.

MR

Well at least we agree on something. Refresh my memory again what was YOUR contribution to Osfront? [:)] Maps?

BTW do maps rotate randomly when making campaigns up, how does that work?
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: diablo1

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Good Hunting.

MR

Well at least we agree on something. Refresh my memory again what was YOUR contribution to Osfront? [:)] Maps?

BTW do maps rotate randomly when making campaigns up, how does that work?

Customer Service Rep! [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR

diablo1

Post by diablo1 »

Customer Service Rep!

LMAO YEAH RIGHT![:)]

I've been a customer service rep most of my life and you guys really need a lesson on how to deal with customers like me. [:)]

You ask them this and it stone cold stops them in their tracks of aggression: "What can I do to make things right for you?"

You listen and you let them finish their initial rant of course and some can be long winded I know. [:)]

Then by ASKING QUESTIONS you find out what the real problem is.

You go the extra mile and do things sometimes outside of the work place. I used to install faucets and small electrial items like ceiling fans off the clock for the elderly and women who knew nothing about plumbing or electrical things.

But, the thing you should NEVER DO is attack them or make them feel IT's THEIR FAULT, whether you intended to or not. [:)]

Remember: "The customer is always right" even if you think they aren't or you know they aren't.

I've never had an initial angry customer leave my store still angry in all my years of customer service and most of them came back.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

You probably never had you yourself as a customer!?

Gerry
HintJ

Post by HintJ »

What I'd love to see for PC4 is have the infantry look like little plastic soldiers--exactly like them, and not animated, with a base/stand.

Moving could be one figure, firing would change the model w/a raised weapon, suppressed change to the prone, and most entertainingly, when they die, have them look like somebody simply pushed them over!

Attachments
51dcn3-sVDL._SS400_.jpg
51dcn3-sVDL._SS400_.jpg (27.66 KiB) Viewed 85 times
"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: HintJ

What I'd love to see for PC4 is have the infantry look like little plastic soldiers--exactly like them, and not animated, with a base/stand.

Moving could be one figure, firing would change the model w/a raised weapon, suppressed change to the prone, and most entertainingly, when they die, have them look like somebody simply pushed them over!

Noooo!
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ROFL!!!!!

All this time we've been going in the wrong direction! [:'(]

Good Hunting.

MR

HintJ

Post by HintJ »

I would also like bunkers made out of LEGOs. I mean, they should look just like LEGOs.
- Savielly Tartakower
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

And the Big Cats should look like...well, Big Cats! Right next to the little plastic men. [:D]

Good Hunting.

MR

HintJ

Post by HintJ »

Actually I'm kind of serious, but not about the LEGOs.

The tanks shouldn't really change much, since they already look right.

Attachments
PlasicGuys.jpg
PlasicGuys.jpg (36.98 KiB) Viewed 86 times
- Savielly Tartakower
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

All that's keeping that from happening right now is somebody doing the mods for them.

Good Hunting.

MR

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”