In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
Bucks

In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums

Post by Bucks »

Since I wasn't consulted on this reorganisation and it seems it's assumed I'm not worth notifying. All further queries in regard to the HUD3 and related scenarios should be sent to the following email address:

dbuckley@advancedgaming.biz

If anyone has questions please email me directly in future.

Thanks in advance

Darren Buckley

Freedom is FREE, that's why it's bloody well called FREEdom...
Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1
Bucks

RE: In Reply to [FAQ] New Database Sub-forums

Post by Bucks »

Since nothing has been sent in a reply to my message I'll make it easier to understand...

By splitting all the Databases up, it seems to me that, there's an assumption whereby the relevant DB Editors are happy to provide support for their DB here.

In reality, if I edit a database and I support it here who really benefits? From where I sit it looks like an entity called, "Matrix Games". I'm not, nor have ever been officially associated with such an entity and therefore I not just supporting my work, I'm supporting their product (my DB just happens to be part of a game they sell).

I receive what Don Gilman likes to call, "Beer money" and for me it helps pay the rent and keep me connected to the internet (thanks again Don). If anyone thinks people are making money out of this, think again. If I added all the money I'd earned from ANW, I'd be making less than a $1 an hour. So my dedication and interest is all that keeps me going. Having a third party, (Matrix) appearing to add work to my never-ending list is something I don't need. In my opinion, dedicating a specific thread to an individual database serves only to increase my workload and provide free support for a product that, in reality I make almost nothing from. Anyway that's my 2 cents like it or not.

Cheers

Darren
Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”