ANW 3.10

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
fulcrum28

ANW 3.10

Post by fulcrum28 »

Hello,

Im playing now the demo ANW 3.10 I obsered the following points:

1) There is no sound and video features (are they deactivated?)
2) When I try to close a window I need to click several times on upper left icon to succeed
3) I cant see the images of the units. are they unit images/photos in the version that is being sold?

Game looks fantastic, but I would like to know the answer of these questions.
best
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Bucks

RE: ANW 3.10

Post by Bucks »

Fulcrum,

To check if there's an issue with the images, open the C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare\Resource\DBPics\Plane folder, where you should find 200+ folders containing the individual platform images.

If these folders don't exist, then there where no images shipped with the demo. I'm NOT using the demo version here so I'm unable to definitively confirm this. I may be able to provide an educated guess based on how large the demo file was that you downloaded?

Cheers

Darren
Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

Hello,

Im playing now the demo ANW 3.10 I obsered the following points:

1) There is no sound and video features (are they deactivated?)
2) When I try to close a window I need to click several times on upper left icon to succeed
3) I cant see the images of the units. are they unit images/photos in the version that is being sold?

Game looks fantastic, but I would like to know the answer of these questions.
best

1) True, they are not part of the demo, I'm guessing to keep the download size small (58MB)
2) True, up to you how annoyed you want to get at it.
3) Yes, the full package has many unit images/photos/models/...

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
Bucks

Post by Bucks »

Thanks Tony.

fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

Thanks for your replies.
Tony, what do you mean by "True, up to you how annoyed you want to get at it."
is it a bug of the demo or not? I cant close the window with only one click..do you experience the same?
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
Bucks

Post by Bucks »

Thanks for your replies.
is it a bug of the demo or not? I cant close the window with only one click..do you experience the same?

I'm almost certain you have never in the long history of the game been able to close any window with a single click. Closing windows has always required a double click. If it takes more you might try adjusting your mouse settings in the launcher. Click on the "Game Preferences" tab in the launcher and adjust the slider under "Mouse Speed", launch the game and check if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Darren

TonyE

Post by TonyE »

In my experience mouse response has never been great in the H2/H3/ANW game. I have to agree that it was never a single-click and never meant to be a single click to close H3 windows.

So I mean the sometimes triple and quadruple clicking bothers me quite a lot and bothers others not at all.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you very much for your replies...It is amazing that they cant improve the interface..the game is great.
btw, Im using windows 7, is there some way to play using the full-screen or increase the size of the window?
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Look for the H3 Configuration Launcher (in the Start menu, Extras subfolder of the Harpoon shortcuts). You can also get to it by navigating to where ANW is installed and running H3Launcher.exe . Head to the "Video and Sound" options tab and go to town with custom resolutions or full screen.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
uncleharpoon

Post by uncleharpoon »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add some text to the copy to help folks understand what the demo is and is not.

As far as the UI is concerned, due to the architecture of the product, it is a very serious affair to write a new UI and deploy it. Due to mobile, web, and social games, the market for this product continues to shrink, thus reducing the opportunity for a return on the investment.

If we didn't have to pay rent and groceries, it wouldn't cost anything to do!

Again, thanks for the feedback and the crew for answering questions.

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”