Emergency reinforcements

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rader

Emergency reinforcements

Post by rader »

When Allied land units reinforcements arrive, their devices come out of pools, right? (you don't get the devices in addition to the ones that come with the units do you, the arriving units need to be fleshed out from device pools I assume?)

If this is the case (I'm not sure because I never played the allies), are emergency reinforcements (i.e., for invasion of NZ, Aus, India) treated the same way? I.e., you get the units for free, but do you also get all their devices for free?
Alfred

RE: Emergency reinforcements

Post by Alfred »

Yes.

The emergency LCUs do not deplete the pools. Hence the emergency devices go straight to the pools and are therefore available to go into existing on map understrength LCUs. Of course the normal factors (ie available supply etc) then apply as to whether the emergency devices actually get distributed.

Alfred
Bullwinkle58

RE: Emergency reinforcements

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: rader

When Allied land units reinforcements arrive, their devices come out of pools, right? (you don't get the devices in addition to the ones that come with the units do you, the arriving units need to be fleshed out from device pools I assume?)

If this is the case (I'm not sure because I never played the allies), are emergency reinforcements (i.e., for invasion of NZ, Aus, India) treated the same way? I.e., you get the units for free, but do you also get all their devices for free?

There are at least three different questions included in your query. If I can untangle:

1. Combat replacements for existing LCUs draw from the pools over time, costing supply.

2. New LCUs arriving from the arrival queue come fully outfitted in most cases, except those rebuilt after total destruction under the new beta patch mechanism. I'm not sure, but this might be different than how the Japanese operate. The Allied side doesn't deal with armament or vehicle points.

3. Emergency reenforcment packages have two types of units. The LCUs come with "free" devices, already equipped. But the packages for the various trigger lines also come with large independent "convoys" which contain large quantitites of devices, including fighter planes in some cases, which are dumped into the central pools for use by any appropriate unit which can draw them with the normal supply costs applied.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”