Do you want to know why I love the WiTP forum members?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bradfordkay

RE: Do you want to know why I love the WiTP forum members?

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

We've had some memorable avatars over the years, but this one for Shellshock caught my eye.

Compared to Large Slow Target, Elf, Tom Label (despite some egreagious inflation, I might add), this lady don't quite pass muster. She looks like a Chief Petty Officer transvestite. In fact, this is probably what Chez Da Jez would look like if he was a she.

Nawww... those legs are too well developed for Chez...
fair winds,
Brad
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Yes... All us Noob's crept in the back door when you Guy's were arguing with 'Japan'. [:D]

I can't believe I missed this post. Both him and a young member named "Mark" were something else. Or was it Marky, I can't remember. I just remember him typing in LEET speak all the time.

I forgot about Marky....haven't seen him since..
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

Yes... All us Noob's crept in the back door when you Guy's were arguing with 'Japan'. [:D]

Ha!

What DID happen to 'Japan'?? None of the recent debates have generated quite so much pure unadulterated hatred as those days!

Don't ask! PLEASE!!!!!!!! You don't want to go there![:D][8|]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

DicePac, I could not take my eyes off of that avatar. CLASSIC! [&o]

+1 [&o]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I can't believe I missed this post. Both him and a young member named "Mark" were something else. Or was it Marky, I can't remember. I just remember him typing in LEET speak all the time.

Please,please,please....don't go there either!
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I forgot about Marky....haven't seen him since..
[:-][:-][:-]
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Ha!

What DID happen to 'Japan'?? None of the recent debates have generated quite so much pure unadulterated hatred as those days!

He's probably reading this ....eeeerrr wait it is his 3rd Cousin once removed who he just introduced to AE and is having computer troubles, so he is posting for him....

Dez caught it
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Ha!

He's probably reading this ....eeeerrr wait it is his 3rd Cousin once removed who he just introduced to AE and is having computer troubles, so he is posting for him....

I'm not sure, but I think he was one of the few to every recieve a "Permanent ban". [:(]
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

I'm not sure, but I think he was one of the few to every recieve a "Permanent ban". [:(]

I think you're correct.

Dez caught it
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

What? Where? [:'(]
Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger »

I think you're correct.

he was certainly dedicated. Did you ever see his AAR?? a multi part documentary/movie on his re-living the pacific war. All the little cut out models and war maps, Narrated by his girlfriend, etc, etc. Must have taken a few hours to put together.

i'm not surprised at the permanent ban though. He was also dedicated to irritating every other forum member!!
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

Yeah, I remember him coming back after a really long banning session and proclaiming "IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

It was like he never gave up...

Dez caught it
ChickenOfTheSea

Post by ChickenOfTheSea »

I know I am not supposed to go here, but weren't you one of Marky's 1000's of opponents?

I kind of miss Japan, too. I eventually learned to bail out of any thread he entered and sit back and enjoy the mayhem.

I would also like to add, that back in WITP days, it was this forum that finally got me moving up the learning curve. In a game of this complexity and updates no manual can keep up with, this forum (except for 'THE THREAD", of course) has a vital role in helping players learn the game.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea

I know I am not supposed to go here, but weren't you one of Marky's 1000's of opponents?

I kind of miss Japan, too. I eventually learned to bail out of any thread he entered and sit back and enjoy the mayhem.

I would also like to add, that back in WITP days, it was this forum that finally got me moving up the learning curve. In a game of this complexity and updates no manual can keep up with, this forum (except for 'THE THREAD", of course) has a vital role in helping players learn the game.
Umm...dude...you weren't talking smack about THE THREAD just then, were you? [:-] For the record: ALL HAIL THE THREAD!!!
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Yes I was one of his victims. And yes, I was the one who took him on , saying "Give the kid a chance". And yes , I gave him the chance. "And the little bastard shot me in the ass".[:(][8|] OK? Done? Humilitated me enough? [:D] Then I was put on double secret probabation (which to my knowledge I still am) and told don't tell any one about you know who. And when I warned off some dumb newbie about "you know who" , the stupid newbie printed my PM in open forum. SO THERE! [:D] Now I'll probably be banned forever , or worse yet , sentenced to play the little $$%^^^%%$$^^^& in a never ending campaign PBEM. But no, I don't miss either one. Nor the other trolls that then , now or will in the future visit these hallowed forums.

Always recall the 1st commandment for a forumite "thou shall not suffer a troll to live!". [:D]
ChickenOfTheSea

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Umm...dude...you weren't talking smack about THE THREAD just then, were you? [:-] For the record: ALL HAIL THE THREAD!!!

Not talking smack. Just observing that the thread is supposed to be about nothing. It serves many useful purposes that way and keeps the threadsters a friendly bunch.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen
ChickenOfTheSea

Here is a spam ad I just received. Is this how to treat trolls?

Attachments
hero.jpg
hero.jpg (112.88 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

Do you want to know why I love the WiTP forum members?

is it because of their warm, cuddly nature; bottomless humility; razor-sharp wit; or all of the above? [;)]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”