OT - They got Osama

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Telumar

RE: OT - They got Osama

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Not to mention long term effect of depleted uranium ammunition.

You know, "they" are putting that stuff in the milk and cookies you eat before your mommy puts you to bed every night! Be afraid! [:D]

Or don't be. It's your choice to make. You can choose to be miserable and negative about everything you find (and you'll only find negative things if that's what you're looking for) or you can choose to see the beautiful and wonderful things in this world.

It is a fact. And a warcrime. Look away if you like, but such things exist. And it's our governments that are responsible.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

You know, "they" are putting that stuff in the milk and cookies you eat before your mommy puts you to bed every night! Be afraid! [:D]

Or don't be. It's your choice to make. You can choose to be miserable and negative about everything you find (and you'll only find negative things if that's what you're looking for) or you can choose to see the beautiful and wonderful things in this world.

It is a fact. And a warcrime. Look away if you like, but such things exist. And it's our governments that are responsible.

WARCRIME????? What are you smoking? The worst you can call it is polution. [&:]
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

You're pretty cheerful today, huh? You are not helping yourself or helping others around you to have a better day when you spend all your time looking for negative things. Again, all you will ever find is what you are looking for. I sincerely wish a much happier future for you, should you one day choose to allow it for yourself. [:)]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: henhute6

It's important news, but we have read it from somewhere else first. There are also other forums to discuss it. In this forum I'm only interested of the game itself. This is the only off topic thread I see here.

Then you should come and join us in our celebration of life in THE THREAD!!! There are many topics discussed here. You need to open your eyes and expand your mind. Focus on what you like instead of spending all your time and energy on things you don't like! Climb up out of the mental gutter and take a look around. The entire world is not as full of despair as the immediate surroundings of your perspective. [:)]

Or, you can put the tin foil back on. It will be your loss.

Don't invite him....one thread suffering from "Troll polution" is enough. [:@]

I'm afraid that our friend is not able to allow himself to enjoy life enough to be comfortable hanging out in THE THREAD!!! It's a shame, but he seems too afraid to "not take himself seriously." He's not looking for fun, laughter, and brotherhood, so he will never find them. He is finding only what he has chosen to look for in life.
Mike

Telumar

Post by Telumar »

As said, google picture search will show you this "pollution".
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Why are these type of things what you spend your life searching for? Those are hours of your life that you can never get back! Don't squander them. Isn't there something you enjoy, that makes you happy, that you can spend your time and energy on? Maybe family, a sport you enjoy playing or watching, or a game? [:)]
Mike

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Osama bin Laden didn't need to die, he needed to be killed. The circumstances are irrelevant, the only thing that matters is that an evil man got a bullet in the head, and all the apologists and trolls in the world can't and won't change the facts.

Would you have maybe preferred him put on trial, and then seeing the hostages that would be taken to demand his release, and subsequently executed when said release was denied? This was clean, quick and well done. Goodbye Beardie, burn in hell.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Why are these type of things what you spend your life searching for? Those are hours of your life that you can never get back! Don't squander them. Isn't there something you enjoy, that makes you happy, that you can spend your time and energy on? Maybe family, a sport you enjoy playing or watching, or a game? [:)]

All's here.

Besides i was told it's only pollution..

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Jon Stewart said something good on The Daily Show on Monday to the effect that the death of bin Laden would remove him as the "face" of the Arab world, and if he was replaced by the young people that overthrew the Mubarak regime then that would be for the best for everybody involved.

Again, bin Laden deserved what he got. He was not a "great warrior" or a "spiritual leader", he was a barking con man who got ignorant, naive young people to commit suicide on his behalf.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Jon Stewart said something good on The Daily Show on Monday to the effect that the death of bin Laden would remove him as the "face" of the Arab world, and if he was replaced by the young people that overthrew the Mubarak regime then that would be for the best for everybody involved.

Whoever Jon Stewart is, +1.
Again, bin Laden deserved what he got. He was not a "great warrior" or a "spiritual leader", he was a barking con man who got ignorant, naive young people to commit suicide on his behalf.

Trained by the CIA.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Trained by the CIA.

Right. And easy to criticise with 20/20 hindsight, as someone (i assume) with experience in historical
grand strategy games should be aware of.

The collapse of the SU and the end of the cold war changed billions of variables and created power
vacuums all over the world, with potential effects unimaginable back then.
Blaming the CIA for OBL is about as valid as blaming the allies at Versailles for the rise of the SU
and the cold war.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I see Nemo's Chuck Norris and raise hime with a Chuck Connors....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2oZ6Kv_qo
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Trained by the CIA.

Right. And easy to criticise with 20/20 hindsight, as someone (i assume) with experience in historical

The collapse of the SU and the end of the cold war changed billions of variables and created power
Blaming the CIA for OBL is about as valid as blaming the allies at Versailles for the rise of the SU
and the cold war.

And apples are not pears. I would see him (and Al Qaida) rather as a Frankenstein that got created by the CIA. Now the question is, got he out of control or did it work out as desired? Ever heard about "Strategy of Tension"? Sure you did.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Trained by the CIA.

and the cold war.

Hey, "Telumar" and others like him think that 9/11 was a CIA/Mossad plot.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

LOL I see.

In this case...if I want to do witness psychopatological study I read a book. [:D]

I´m outta here.
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

These conspiracy theories are getting to be a little bit out of left field. Don't forget to look outside for the black helicopters! [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Oh yeah, come on guys. Where's the aluminium hat guy? He was quite funny.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Check the mirror.....
Mike

Shellshock

Post by Shellshock »

Hey, "Telumar" and others like him think that 9/11 was a CIA/Mossad plot.

Doubtless produced by the same guys who staged the Apollo moon landings in a darkened sandlot. [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I see Nemo's Chuck Norris and raise hime with a Chuck Connors....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2oZ6Kv_qo
Pfft...

I subscribe to daily Chuck Norris 'trivia'. Little known aspects of Chuck Norris include:

1. The exact opposite of "Have a Nice Day' is "Chuck Norris".
2. The first rule of Chuck Norris is: you do not talk about Chuck Norris.
3. The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep out Chuck Norris. It failed miserably.
4. The metric unit for pain is "the Chuck Norris".
5. The only thing we have to fear is Chuck Norris.
6. The show 'Survivor' had the original premise of putting people on an island with Chuck Norris. There were no survivors and the pilot episode has been burned.
7. The truth will set you free. Unless Chuck Norris has you, in which case, forget it buddy!

I hope this helps dispell the myth that any other "Chucks" you come up with are even comparable, dude.

Return to “The War Room”