What does "Shore Party" mean in editor?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GI Jive

What does "Shore Party" mean in editor?

Post by GI Jive »

In the device section at the bottom are Static, Air Search Mode, A-Bomb, Cannon is MG, and Shore Party. I could not find any devices that use this function. Does anyone know what it refers to?
Bradley7735

RE: What does "Shore Party" mean in editor?

Post by Bradley7735 »

I'm sure someone more intelligent can give a perfect answer. But, I THINK this means the device will help unload ships, but NOT help repair ships. It's a special type of naval support that does only one function instead of several.
The older I get, the better I was.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Bradley7735 is correct, helps loading/unloading but not with repair etc. You'd see lots of those units in DaBigBabes Mod Scenarios for example.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

GI Jive

Post by GI Jive »

Thank you both for the information. I'll have to check out DaBigBabes Mod.
drw61

Post by drw61 »

ORIGINAL: GI Jive

Thank you both for the information. I'll have to check out DaBigBabes Mod.

Here is the web sight for DaBigBabes

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/home
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Personally, I never went back to stock after starting to play DaBigBabes (unless wanting to check something as Japanese or making campaign tutorial). Pity that AI works only when playing vs. AI IJ. But making AI scripts to use all those extra things would be major undertaking. DaBigBabes is most historical that AE gets, so far. [&o]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

The problem is because the Ai doesnt think all of these little sub units makes it more vital that the right type of unit gets to point X in order for function Y

For the AI large multi purpose base force type units with a bit of verything works far better because the AI then has all the tools it needs.

To redesign the AI to cope with all the little sub types of units introduced in Dababes is probably as much work again as the original AI and even then it wouldnt work as well...

Small map scenarios based off of Da Babes yes i could probabyl make work but not a full GC as the allies - simply to much granularity of detail for the AI.

Andy

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”