Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is Announced!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

SeanD

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is Announced!

Post by SeanD »

Live or die as a team and survive a Baptism of Fire!

Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), and Zeal (www.teamassault-game.com) are thrilled to announce Team Assault: Baptism of Fire – a beautifully crafted 3D turn-based tactical game set during World War II. With turn-based action that is paced to keep you constantly engaged and realistic combat modeled to precision, Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is already behind hailed by RockPaperShotgun.com as “a project we’ll be paying attention to!”

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Team Assault: Baptism of Fire really has it all – great turn-based gameplay on an intense tactical scale, gorgeous 3D graphics complete with detailed models and vivid environments, and tons of customization and modification options! Hardcore wargamers and casual strategy fans have a lot to be excited about.”

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a 3D turn-based tactical game where players take command of infantry squads to engage the enemy in intense close combat. Using an objective-control system, players must use wits and the geography around them to secure tactically important points and dominate the enemy. Although the combat system is turn-based, the game play can be as fast paced and dynamic as you’d like. Dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keep you constantly engaged while still giving you enough time to make important decisions to change the course of battle!

Team Assault boasts an in-depth combat system that booth favors realism and exciting gameplay. Weapon accuracy and penetration, cover versus weapon penetration, recoil, encumbrance and wounded soldiers are only some of the included features. Also included are near limitless customization options. The included map editor and force creator will allow you to design finely tuned squads that perfectly suit your needs and command styles. A map editor is also included so constructing all new tactical puzzles and environments is possible as well!

Just a few of the features include:
  • Area Control Gameplay – Control various key areas spread throughout the map to gain the tactical advantage.
  • Realistic Combat - Weapon accuracy and penetration, cover versus weapon penetration, recoil, encumbrance and wounded soldiers and more!
  • Turn-Based With Good Pacing – You’re never far from the action with dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keeping you constantly engaged.
  • Force Builder - Create your own custom squads with various gear and upgrades for endless customization.
Get more information on Team Assault: Baptism of Fire from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Fallschirmjager

RE: Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is Announced!

Post by Fallschirmjager »

This actually looks pretty interesting! If it is priced right I would consider picking it up. Looks like Jagged Alliance mixed with WW2. I am looking forward to this now. Any idea of price or release date?
Ken7

Post by Ken7 »

Im just wondering if this will be another Company of Heroes?
Ken7
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

No if you go to the developers website it is not an RTS like COH or the others.

I'll explain one thing and you'll see. Every other game has that if one in the squad can see an enemy the entire squad can. Not so in this game if one of the other squdmates veiw is blocked he cannot fire at it etc..
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

ORIGINAL: Ken7

Im just wondering if this will be another Company of Heroes?

From the screen shots I see what looks like control points, sort of like COH. I don't see what the difference is from a victory hex in a game like Steel Panthers or a control point. Same thing to me.
But from the description of the game I think my earlier observation that this looks more like Jagged Alliance or X-Com. More like a Close Combat/Jagged Alliance hybrid.
It looks like you build a team with different experience and skills and then you get to load them out with weapons.
It also looks to be at the platoon level instead of just controlling one squad.

This is a game that looks like something I have been wanting to play for a while. I think Shrapnel games had a game like this. Something called 82nd airborne or something. I think that game is vapourware now.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

i would have to say more vapourware .
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

No not vapoware, it is going into beta soon at Slitherine.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
delusan

Post by delusan »

And this time slitherine is going to be sure to put out a few demonstration videos of the "map editor" in action ... right?
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

This game looks excellent.  Totally turn based not rts.  Squads can be anywhere between one and eight men.  Skirmish rather than script scenarios.  Can go into buildings just like other terrain, roof will become transparent.  I've never seen anything quite like it.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I can't wait to see how the variable turn sequence works. Sounds like initiative based. End your turn and it might be your turn again.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I think that's going to happen on a unit basis regardless of which side it's on.  I sort of remember this in a game a long time ago.  Want to say 101 Airborne but could be wrong.  Anyway I'm partial to infantry over armor and am looking forward to this one.  Crossing my fingers that the AI will be good and there are no game breakers I don't know about.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”