Cursor moving to upper left corner

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

cookie monster

RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner

Post by cookie monster »

Ive had the bug too.

Not on my old laptop but on my brand new install desktop.

I ALT-TAB out of it and it stops.
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

i'm havin the dam thing doing it right now (again for the 4th time) and i'm tabbed out to be typin this... it's still goin when i tab back in...

i got a dam pop up message just now for finding a rare resource while i was playing locked onto a ship to counter the scrolling. But now i cant lock onto anything nor pause the game cause i cant friggen close the message by pressing one of the button options.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

you can also press space bar or pause key to pause
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

i normally use space bar but it doesn't take effect when theres a pop up or menu open... also i cant hit the pause button :P

Edit: i managed to use the tab key to cycle the news thing (not sure why or how it got selected) so i pressed and held enter key to spamm the screen to a location, this gave me enough time to click the pop up away and pause the game... still have to stay locked to a ship cause it's still lovin that corner.
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

as a note to helping solve this bug, i notice when being locked on another ship the mouse looks different, it's no longer the game image mouse but Windows Mouse... also when locked onto a ship and able to do things, i cant select a ship by clicking on it or get the drag box to select anything... as if the games mouse is still in the corner with the drag box.... but yet the games UI is still able to be used.
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

well i have to stop playing my game now i guess... the extra large map i was playing, even when i shut it down and restart it a day later, is scrolling instantly when loaded up... it seems like it got stuck that way from either the save file or the longer load time could be a cause or a mix of both.

Can i get someone to comment on this so i know they have at least read and acknowledge the problem? this is not exactly an isolated issue, and is clearly something to do inpart with the game.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

Are you using a wireless mouse?

I've had problems with them in some games. I had the mouse in corner of the screen in ROTS last night.

Perhaps you could try a direct wired mouse.
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

ya, always wired, i dont trust wireless mouse or keyboards, plus i am on disability, so i'm always here playing my games... a wireless mouse/keyboard would keep dying on me lol.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: Carl4243

ya, always wired, i dont trust wireless mouse or keyboards, plus i am on disability, so i'm always here playing my games... a wireless mouse/keyboard would keep dying on me lol.

I just bought a fancy wireless mouse it's got a cable you can connect to a USB port to charge it up. It costs though. Otherwise I was using rechargeable batteries.
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

meh, wired stuff have always done me good, wireless not so.

Really hope a dev or someone in the know can help me here, i Love this game and really want to enjoy it again! it's my Fav 4X game right now, Sword of the Stars being a close 2nd...i'm also using that Star Trek Mod, Which no cant be the cause as this happened before i got it also... i'm gonna try a complete re-install for the hell of it while i wait for something from someone... just gotta wait for new DL links since it's been awhile.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: Carl4243

meh, wired stuff have always done me good, wireless not so.

Really hope a dev or someone in the know can help me here, i Love this game and really want to enjoy it again! it's my Fav 4X game right now, Sword of the Stars being a close 2nd...i'm also using that Star Trek Mod, Which no cant be the cause as this happened before i got it also... i'm gonna try a complete re-install for the hell of it while i wait for something from someone... just gotta wait for new DL links since it's been awhile.

I've got a solution!!!

Just use the keys! There's no need for a mouse you can do it all from the keyboard![;)]
Data

Post by Data »

Not very handy but workable indeed.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

lol actually i did try that at one point... just too slow and annoying :P although for map scrolling when i remember i try to use the keys, doesnt seem to help though.
Data

Post by Data »

Hmm, I also used it only once or twice so I might remember wrong but I don't think I had any problems with key navigation.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

still hoping someone (preferably a admin, dev or someone that fixed it) can help me here.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

As the man said earlier.

ORIGINAL: elliotg

Hi all

I don't think this issue is related to Distant Worlds. It might show up in DW because it works your CPU and memory more than most other apps, but DW itself doesn't do anything special with your mouse.

Have you made sure that your mouse drivers are up-to-date? Possibly this is even a hardware issue - if you play DW for long sessions your PC might be working harder than it's used to, overheating, etc?

Can you outline specific steps that reliably reproduce this problem in DW?

Thanks
Elliot

It doesn't look like a DW specific item.

I did a web search here

http://www.bing.com/search?q=mouse+scro ... E&qs=n&sk=

Maybe some of these can help
Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

that search gave nothing, it gives result for each word separately if you gonna look for a phrase exactly you need to put it in "quotations".

Also i'm aware of that reply, i had this issue back then also, was watching to see if someone found a fix, but apparently nothing came of it and i stopped playing.m  I have a very large collection of games that i play(ed) and i can tell you it's not the mouse, if it were then it would do this in other similar games.  be it directly DW's fault or not SOMETHING within the game is causing some kind of conflict, directly or indirectly that is causing this issue with the mouse...

i dont care how or why, i just want to be able to fix it so i can play properly.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

It might be something to do with this post

fb.asp?m=2748398

Carl4243

Post by Carl4243 »

actually i got those issues aswell, but having a folder or other window up then alt tabbing to the desktop works usually, if not, maximizing the folder/window to cover DW does the job so that's not as big a issue for me, just an annoyance... this one here is game breaking...

On the subject of that post though i'll add that when the mouse does the scrolling thing, and DW is visable as stated back there, the mouse will not be controlable even with another window ontop, it'll still goto the top left... it has to be totally covered off or minimized to get the mouses control back.
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

I have this same issue, only for me it's the upper-right corner, not the upper-left. I can break the endless scrolling by pressing Esc, which opens the game menu, and then clicking on Resume Game. I have a Logitech G500 with the latest drivers. 

Return to “Tech Support”