Tactical resolution from an external game

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

lecrop

Tactical resolution from an external game

Post by lecrop »

First I would like to congratulate Vic for creating this fantastic wargame.

I wanted to know if it would be possible in future to integrate the option to resolve the combat with a 3rd party program. I think it would be very interesting to play strategic or operational campaigns in ATG and solve the tactical part in specialized games. For example, Roman Empire Campaign in ATG, linked with Field Of Glory tactical battles. I think it could get much performance from the amazing possibilities of the ATG editor.
CSO_Talorgan

RE: Tactical resolution from an external game

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

I wholeheartedly agree!

See Vic's comments here: fb.asp?m=2792184

The ideal, of course, would be seamless integration of the different games to maintain the fog-of-war, but since we'd never agree on what the tactical game(s) should be that's never going to happen.
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

Excellent news! It would be great to enter the details of the battles without entering the editor, in order to maintain the FoW, but still it will be a good tool for campaigns.
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

I am investigating the possibility of using action cards to vary the composition of forces in the gameplay depending on the external tactical combat results, to avoid using the editor and maintain FoW. Any ideas?
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: lecrop

It would be great to enter the details of the battles without entering the editor, in order to maintain the FoW, but still it will be a good tool for campaigns.

The Fog of War I would like is where you are transferred to the "tactical" game without having a clue about what you will be up against, or even why.
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

These two threads need cross linked:

tm.asp?m=2807307&mpage=1&key=&#2807307

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”