Your Style of Play

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Mad Russian

Your Style of Play

Post by Mad Russian »

PCO comes with a number of game play options.

1st and foremost are the various turn sequences but that's not all.

All the screen displays can be modified. The text box can be turned off enlarged or made smaller. The HUD can be shown or turned off. All options can be turned off and you can just watch the battle screen.

You want all the details of everything that's happening? No problem turn on verbose messaging. You just want to see what your own forces are doing turn off verbose messaging. Want the units to allow the AI to determine how much they choose to survive? Turn on SOP. You want them to not be affected by how moral issues and just have them follow orders? Turn off SOP.

Like to have the Soviets skip the command delay later in the war as they got better. Turn on Soviet Art of War. Want the command delay? Turn off the Soviet Art of War.

What about weather results? Turn them on or off as it suits you.

What about infantry fatigue? Yes, again you can turn this option on or off. Where they can either fight tirelessly or suffer from the laws of fatigue. Your choice.

Vehicle breakdowns can also be turned on or off.

How you display the infantry units can be shown in different ways as well.

Trees can be shown as either fully there, partially there or completely off the map to give you a clear view of the entire map.

Shadows can be turned on or off as you decide.

Then there are the speeds which the game plays. Everything from 1/10, 1/2, normal, 1 1/2, 3 times and 10 times normal speed. You can switch the viewing speed at will. You can watch the video at .1 speed for the first 3 seconds to see where that shell came from then switch over to 10x to get to your orders phase so you can target the firer. Or any combination in between.

PCO is the most versatile wargame for playing options I've seen. Thanks to the coder and a lot of prompting by J2D. His part is much greater than the mopping up and trash emptying he quotes to you all the time. You can thank the coder and J2D for all the options you see in the game and there are a tank load of them.

In short, PCO will play however YOU want it to.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
pad152

RE: Your Style of Play

Post by pad152 »

How you display the infantry units can be shown in different ways as well

Please explain

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The default display is 5 3d model soldiers. In the options screen you can limit it to 3 (ala CMx1) to save on system resources. You can edit the unit xml to show as many 3d models (up to 10 I think) as your system can handle.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
pad152

Post by pad152 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The default display is 5 3d model soldiers. In the options screen you can limit it to 3 (ala CMx1) to save on system resources. You can edit the unit xml to show as many 3d models (up to 10 I think) as your system can handle.

So I could have a mix of 3 men and 5 men squads?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Make sure you seperate in your mind that the graphical representation is seperate from the sqaud as it plays.  If a German squad has 10 men, it will represent 10 men in the engine, but you can have it graphically shown as 3-men (like in CMBB), 5-men, or even 10 men.  But the game does not track each man, no matter what.  It tracks the squad and accounts for losses in steps.

To answer your question, you can not select to show 3 or 5 man squads in the same scenario from a graphical standpoint.
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: thewood1
To answer your question, you can not select to show 3 or 5 man squads in the same scenario from a graphical standpoint.

You could make a JSGME mod (you must just edit some xml files, I use a text editor) to have in the same scenario, for example, all German Regular as 3 men squads and German Pz Grenadier as 5 men squads, or (personally I am not sure at 100%, I'll test it) the first 9 man and the latter 10 men.
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”