A tale of two panzer divisions

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Aussiematto

A tale of two panzer divisions

Post by Aussiematto »

Not really an AAR, but interesting nevertheless.

late July 1942, in an intriguing game where, as Axis, I launched a massive southern assault against my opponent. I have been battling very strong defences and eventually managed to go around them via Stalingrad and headed north. Here are the TOE reports for two divisions in my army. Somehow I managed to get the weakest one out to recover...it is currently boasting the mighty strength of 1 rifle squad, 1 pioneer squad, 1 motorcycle squad and a few half-tracks. The 1000 remaining personnel fit for duty are still in shock after 6 weeks of constant fighting and will be retiring to Germany as heroes (for just surviving).

The other one speaks for itself and is positioned where it can do some damage.

Attachments
2divisions.jpg
2divisions.jpg (124.6 KiB) Viewed 36 times
I still remember cardboard!
Klydon

RE: A tale of two panzer divisions

Post by Klydon »

Ouch. Whatever you do, don't remove that pioneer battalion or the division may collapse. Interesting that it is trying to use T26 and T34 tanks while 12 panzer is still mostly equipped with panzer 38's.. in 1942 no less. They could have a few issues if they run into T34's. [;)]
Aussiematto

RE: A tale of two panzer divisions

Post by Aussiematto »

Thanks for the advice. I am currently refitting that pz division while some fresh ones take up the onslaught. The fighting has been intense so i suspect that the use of old kit is a stop gap, with my factories not producing enough good stuff. i've been operating far from the railheads too, undertaking a very Guderian style offensive!
I still remember cardboard!

Return to “After Action Reports”