[Release] Racial Troop Icons! *Updated* 2.0

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

tofudog

RE: [Release] Racial Troop Icons!

Post by tofudog »

Hi taltamir,
seeing how *fail* Mr. Lucas is at anything but gorgeous special effects I think we should allow ourselves some leeway to imagine a star wars universe that works more like we would imagine it.
Try getting your hands on the "Republic Commando" game, for example [:D] . Still one of the best FPS out there imo.
WANT... MORE... MODDABILITY...
Baleur

Post by Baleur »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Bump.I think we need a few new one for the expansion.

Indeed, 2 new :D
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Great troop images! and I do hope ground combat is given some TLC in upcoming patches - just a little more visual/audio feedback would be nice.

As to the images, the only problem I had was seeing them in the colony/troop transport screens due to size so I gave all the pics a light grey background. Now I can easily see at a glance whether or not the transport or colony has XX number of troops. Note - this is also probably caused by my aging monitor (Viewsonic P225f CRT) which has begun to have gamma/brightness/contract issues.
For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

James009

THUMBS UP!

Post by James009 »

Incredible work here! This stuff is essential and Matrix should just recruit you into their art department these are so good.

Thanks for having alternate models available, some of your alternate stuff is excellent too. I look forward to seeing what else you create!

:D
gijas17

RE: THUMBS UP!

Post by gijas17 »

Is this mod or program compatable with DW ROTS 1.58?
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Yes completely.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

Great work on these.  Really enjoy them [:)]
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

New troop icons for Ancients, Shakturi and robotics would be great too. Still, a must have "mod" for everybody.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
evildoer

Post by evildoer »

Hi, so it's been almost a year since my last update and no I haven't given up on this game. A few weeks ago I bought the expansion and insalled the latest patch and i've had several fairly bug free and wonderful games so far.

I haven't been forced to abandon my games due to various game-breaking issues! (currupt saved games, my entire fleet deciding THIS planet is a wonderful place to hang out or lets fly to the topmost corner of the map etc...) So good work with the patching Matrix!

Here is the update some of you have been requesting, it's a small one. One new old troop; the Ikkuro Strike Commando, see below, plus various minor tweeks and of course the two new races and a robotic troop i found somewhere, check it out.

I also noticed cookie monster put up some nice ones, basically the Shakturi in mine is the same as his and i'll probably use his Ancient Guardian troop in my games for now (I just used the race portrait there aswell, flipped horizontally [:'(])

cheers.

evildoer

Post by evildoer »

So here is the Ikkuro troop and also the robotic one i've been using, enyoj!

Attachments
IkkuroStr..otgroup.jpg
IkkuroStr..otgroup.jpg (390.29 KiB) Viewed 244 times
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

I thought you'd disappeared like all the old posters and testers.

The Ikkurro trooper looks better than the old one. So I will use him.

The Robotic troop will probably look far too dark in the colony detail window, much the same as the Mortalen Conqueror. Can you do anything to brighten up the Mortalen troop? I really can't see him.

I will continue to use my Robo troop as he's nice and bright with silver and looks like a real wimp. Which I guess at 6000 strength he is.

Thanks for the update your a great artist btw.
evildoer

Post by evildoer »

The mortalen troop is one of the ones i've tweeked abit in this update, but it's still pretty dark, maybe i'll brighten it up abit and put one in the alternate attachment on page 2, or maybe I could give it a slightly grey background or something... i'll see [;)]
Igard

Post by Igard »

Great to have you back, evildoer![:)]

Keep up the good work, those new ones look great. You haven't lost it, that's for sure.
Data

Post by Data »

Aha, the return of the ancients. Much good you are doing evildoer
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
J HG T

Post by J HG T »

Nice to see you are still around evildoer. Your troop icons are great. Quanemos Beamboating Nova Cat Battlemech FTW!
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
Wild

Post by Wild »

Love the icons. Nice work.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Looks Sharp Evil Doer! [:)]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 »

So...until they find a way to show troop images in a much bigger (and I mean much bigger) version because this mod was made, I am going to use the provided images as the race pictures. Just to get to look at them. All. Day. Long. [X(]

The Shakturi troops are easily my favorite. Now makes me want them to invade the empire. DO IT. NOW. SO I CAN LOOK AT YOUR PURTY ARMORS!!!!!!

In other words good work mate :) I hope the game gets modified to allow these images to get the screen space they deserve.
szabferi

Post by szabferi »

Just found this, when I wanted to learn more about troops and how to manage them.

This MUST BE STICKY and should be absolutelypart of the vanilla, since it makes troop management easier (you can easily judge how strong the army of te given planet can be, seeing what racial troops are there). Even if the beautiful artwork is not visible on the colony panel, the tiny icons are great.

I love it.
MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor »

I thought I'd bump this for some of the newer players [:)]

Return to “Design and Modding”