fires?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

freeboy

fires?

Post by freeboy »

I remember seeing fires in cities, but I just did a naval bombardment of a base in sra, Makasar, with some CA's and had almost 200 fires erupt??? is that normal?
I have played several games to completion and do not remember seeing this?
"Tanks forward"
witpqs

RE: fires?

Post by witpqs »

I've been seeing it. I've seen it on the opening Pearl Harbor raids, too.
championzhao

Post by championzhao »

Fires value represent?
[&:]
The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums.

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

AFAIK literal fires that continue doing damage until they are out.
bbbf

Post by bbbf »

200 fires is like a few matches burning!
Robert Lee
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

AFAIK literal fires that continue doing damage until they are out.

In City attacks don't they hurt the Manpower and HI numbers? In a base attack I'd always supposed they just ate up a few supply points (or one.) For me they're pretty rare events outside City attacks.
The Moose
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Ive been on the receiving end of a lot of Japanese city attacks in china that produce some high fire numbers. they do seem to hurt HI/resources and manpower but slowly. how much is destroyed by bombs or fires i can't tell, but 20000+ fires just has to hurt. [;)]

NB the bombers were on regular city attack not targeting specific industry.
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Yeah, I thought they had a chance of damaging anything in the hex. Whether that "anything" included only resource/industry (anything that makes anything) or also included port, air service, runway, port supply, airfield supply, repair shipyard I just don't know.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

That was added in latest official patch. Now ships can target all industry in target base.
I think, it was changed together with manual range of bombardment.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I was using a fat moving naval group to bombard, and that stated the fires... seeing fires from bombardment was new.. and news! great.. lets go and bombard the home Isles now! lol [:-]
"Tanks forward"
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I was using a fat moving naval group to bombard, and that stated the fires... seeing fires from bombardment was new.. and news! great.. lets go and bombard the home Isles now! lol [:-]

OR watch out USA West coast [;)]
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I would be the happiest pof people if my oponent NOW used used his fleets in a kamikazi attac kon teh west, but in 42 that may have been possible..
edit above fast moving not fat moving.. holy cow thats funny.... like some kind of  weight lose diet or pill.. the new fat moving naval group..
at least I found it funny...

"Tanks forward"
Zeta16

Post by Zeta16 »

I don't even remember if there were fires or not there, as you saw nothing of importance was at the base. Come bombard Toyko, I have no ships there to defend it
"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”