Qs about China - No Offenceman pls

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rob Brennan UK

Qs about China - No Offenceman pls

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Tralalallala .. Its a wandering life for me ..etc.

sonic smokescreen [;)]

He knows im going to ask about china anyway as we chatted via e-mail about a stuck Chinese corps that just generates "unable to reach target, move not allowed" when i give it movement orders ..

Manual states

15.3 GROUND UNIT SUPPLY
When tracing a supply path for movement of ground units or overland movement of supplies,
a supply value is generated. This is determined by tracing a path from the base transferring
supplies or the ground unit moving to the destination. This supply value determines whether
the move is legal, and how much of the supplies are used up during the move.
To order a ground unit move to a specific hex, the path of the move must generate a positive
supply value to constitute a valid supply path. Ground units will move along a path that provides
the best possible supply route from their current hex to their destination. For automatic supply
movement, the supply value must be greater than 0. The greater the supply value, the more
often supplies will be moved and the less supplies will be expended during the move.

Now the unit in question has bad supply levels admittedly (was at 50% red levels at the time of asking in game). Its now down to 10% as i am currently having a bit of a supply issue in china overall (slight understatement [;)]).

Brief history is - it moved from one hex east of its current position quite happily but moved from enemy occupied hex to enemy occupied hex . this 'might' be why it cant continue moving but the piccie shown neutral hex-sides where i am trying to move it to.

NB closest base has 0 supply , and has had for ages, I did try flying in some direct but enemy air activity halted my efforts.

Attachments
move.jpg
move.jpg (268.26 KiB) Viewed 37 times
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
Rob Brennan UK

RE: Qs about China - No Offenceman pls

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

Second question ..

I am getting reformed Chinese units back from combat (the 30 day wait and receive at 30% str rule) at 1 or 2% str ..

chinese inf pools :- 211 available.

Is this because i dont have the needed numbers in the pools ?

Attachments
Chinese.jpg
Chinese.jpg (231.3 KiB) Viewed 37 times
sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)
CV 2

Post by CV 2 »

Try plotting the move to Kweiyang.

And yes.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

ORIGINAL: CV 2

Try plotting the move to Kweiyang.

And yes.

Tried plotting moves to all nearby cities already , apologies , should have already stated that.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Rob Brennan UK

Tralalallala .. Its a wandering life for me ..etc.

sonic smokescreen [;)]

He knows im going to ask about china anyway as we chatted via e-mail about a stuck Chinese corps that just generates "unable to reach target, move not allowed" when i give it movement orders ..

Manual states

15.3 GROUND UNIT SUPPLY
When tracing a supply path for movement of ground units or overland movement of supplies,
a supply value is generated. This is determined by tracing a path from the base transferring
supplies or the ground unit moving to the destination. This supply value determines whether
the move is legal, and how much of the supplies are used up during the move.
To order a ground unit move to a specific hex, the path of the move must generate a positive
supply value to constitute a valid supply path. Ground units will move along a path that provides
the best possible supply route from their current hex to their destination. For automatic supply
movement, the supply value must be greater than 0. The greater the supply value, the more
often supplies will be moved and the less supplies will be expended during the move.

Now the unit in question has bad supply levels admittedly (was at 50% red levels at the time of asking in game). Its now down to 10% as i am currently having a bit of a supply issue in china overall (slight understatement [;)]).

Brief history is - it moved from one hex east of its current position quite happily but moved from enemy occupied hex to enemy occupied hex . this 'might' be why it cant continue moving but the piccie shown neutral hex-sides where i am trying to move it to.

NB closest base has 0 supply , and has had for ages, I did try flying in some direct but enemy air activity halted my efforts.

Rob - you must redo this screen shot without the hex in question or any adjacent to it selected. The white selection indicator is masking the hex sides, and that's what we need to see. Just like you did it, only have some ocean hex out of the way selected. We'll have a look at that pic and maybe know more.
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

witpqs ----- You Sir are a genius !

Not too easy to see on this 'expanded view' but all inside hex-sides are red (i needed a magnifying glass to see it exactly on my PC [:D] ) . that must be whats stopping movement. As i have a corps arriving tomorrow (hopefully) from the NW , this should break the hex-side ownership and allow supply in and movement out !

Thank you !! [&o]

Attachments
new.jpg
new.jpg (107.89 KiB) Viewed 37 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

My pleasure! BTW, I've also noticed that sometimes a screen capture or just the way it shows on the wen will not show the fine detail of the two hex sides. But so far I've only used a magnifying glass in front of the screen to try and see those little LCU movement arrows on enemy LCUs that are sometimes obscured my the map graphics!

[:D]
Rob Brennan UK

Post by Rob Brennan UK »

For completeness :-

Chinese corps arrived and broke the red hex-side , both units are now free to withdraw (phew) got supplies there just in time too !
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

I actually get this problem with all land units about 5% of the time, generally when trying to move into contested hexes-even though I am moving through a solid green hexsides. The unit in question just refuses to move. One solution is to actually plot the unit to move through the hex into the following hex, if possible. Usually that works and oddly most of the time you can then click on the offending unit and then click it to move into the contested hex and it will then work. A bug and a minor nuisance but most of the time you can work around it.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “The War Room”