Updated WitE manual status...

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

For those asking about a revised manual, work is underway to produce a "living manual" that will contain the rule changes made to date. We would like to get this manual caught up to the current changes and released by the time a 1.04 version becomes an official patch.

I am doing good progress with WitE manual update and I expect to be finished rather soon! [:)]

Current updated WitE manual is "US Letter" sized PDF document about 12 MB large with 260 pages.

Right now it contains all data (text and pictures) that original WitE manual had when it shipped to public and it is very suitable for printing.

I also made it fully "jumpable" (i.e. all references are "hyperlinked" - TOC and even every reference to every chapter/paragraph - for example if in text there is reference to some manual section "xx.yy.zz" and you mouse click on it you immediately "jump" to that part of manual)! [:)]

I sincerely hope that by the time of official WitE v1.04 release you will all have that updated WitE manual in your Matrix install.

What I still must do:

I will fix all manual errata that was caught by players (and that was listed in "Tech" section at WitE public forum).

If you see more of such mistakes please report it there!

I will add all new stuff that we have right now (i.e. up to current WitE v1.04.10).

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
zanekin

RE: Updated WitE manual status...

Post by zanekin »

Great !

But why 260 pages ??? The original manual has 376 pages...
It's just bullshit !
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: zanekin

Great !

This is because updated manual is "US Letter" sized which is bigger [;)] and much more suitable for printing... [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

76mm

Post by 76mm »

Excellent news, thanks!
Emx77

Post by Emx77 »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Great !

This is because updated manual is "US Letter" sized which is bigger [;)] and much more suitable for printing... [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Unfortunately it will not be suitable for Kindle reading and more trees will have to die. [:-]

Think green save trees.

Mynok

Post by Mynok »

Or just read it on your computer while playing?
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

Hi all,

Great !

Leo "Apollo11"

Well, not necessarily. Other countries use different paper sizes, like A4 for example. Not that I would consider printing 260 pages, I would just read it on the computer, but still...
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
marty_01

Post by marty_01 »

You probably already have this covered, but just in case, don't forget to mention mud effects on combat in the new version of the manual. Thanks.
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

Great !

Well, not necessarily. Other countries use different paper sizes, like A4 for example. Not that I would consider printing 260 pages, I would just read it on the computer, but still...

And that's why there is no problem at all printing the "US Letter" sized document to A4 (or vice versa)... the Adobe reader does this automatically by itself... [;)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Wild

Post by Wild »

ORIGINAL: Emir Agic

Hi all,

Great !

Leo "Apollo11"

Unfortunately it will not be suitable for Kindle reading and more trees will have to die. [:-]

Think green save trees.

I live in Canada. We have no end of trees. I'm sure cutting a few more down won't hurt.
PyleDriver

Post by PyleDriver »

LOL...Don't argue with Leo he held the manual together for over a year. Its a free gift from the man in the moon. You know why I call him the man in the moon? He was born the day we landed on it...Weird huh....
Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Emir Agic

Great !

Think green save trees.

Kindle can't handle such big sized PDF pages (A4 / US Letter)?

If time permits I will try creating a eBook version as well (it should be straightforward and no problem I think - I use "natural flow" for all text and pictures)...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
We are wargamers... we are Grognards... we are tough crowd... we are not tree huggers... [8D][:D]

Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Thank you for putting this together. As a player who recently purchased the game, it is frustrating for me to have the manual opened and the entire patch notes just to see if a certain rule has been changed or not.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”