TV For the Brits Tonight

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JudgeDredd

TV For the Brits Tonight

Post by JudgeDredd »

Discovery History (Virgin 217) @ 22:00 - The Falklands:How Close To Defeat. It's quite a goo documentary and very telling. I remember watching it and thinking ships were dropping like flies - but this tells you how close those losses actually brought the forces to defeat. Also some info on the land conflict and how close that was.

I think it's fair to say anyone who watched it knew that it wasn't a cakewalk for the British...but this shows how close it became.

Enjoy
Alba gu' brath
andym

RE: TV For the Brits Tonight

Post by andym »

Given the distances involved.the Supply and Logistics were a nightmare.If the Argies had been a bit more active with their Carrier then i think it may hjave been a different story.Also it was a good job that the Argies didnt mine San Carlos Sound.We had no sweepers and they even used HMS Alacrity as a make shift sweeper.Sent her in not knowing if it were mined.So now that we have NO Carriers or Naval Avaiton if the Argies really want the Falklands,then now would be the time to reinvade as i doubt we could do anyting at all to stop them. 
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

Return to “General Discussion”