OK, I've flipped: too many Russian rail points

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

pompack

OK, I've flipped: too many Russian rail points

Post by pompack »

Playing 1.03 as Russians against the AI on Challanging

While I have been on the other side of this particular question since release, I now think that the Russians have too many rail points

It is Dec42. The Russians have done well but are still a way from their 41 frontier with the German line running from just short of Leningrad through Minsk, Warsaw, Hungarian border with Rumanians switched to Soviet and vitually all of Rumania liberated.

I just entrained a Front near Moscow and railed it to just short of Warsaw. This consisted of five (5) Tank Corps, two (2) Mech Corps, seven (7) Infantry Corps, one (1) Cavalry Corps, three (3) Artillery Divisions, five (5) airbases each with nine (9) air units attached, one (1) air command, two (2) Army HQs, one (1) Tank Army HQ and one (1) Front HQ. Every unit was over 95% of TOE. Every corps had three (3) attachments either attached or at army level pending attachment. Each Army HQ had at least five (5) attachments in addition to the pending ones already counted with the corps.

Now that is a LOT of people and equipment. And the Russians STILL had over 50,000 rail points left.

This just seems excessive to me.
Helpless

RE: OK, I've flipped: too many Russian rail points

Post by Helpless »

41 frontier with the German line running from just short of Leningrad through Minsk, Warsaw, Hungarian

I suspect, you have way too many RailYards. What is the amount of RC you get.

Some testers report they can barely have points to evacuate historical amount of industries in 1941, not to mention troops movement. Also even with 95%, soviet units in 1942 are AFV-less, which makes them very cheap to transfer. What you name is amount on one small front which is not that big.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

There is one detail. In 1.04 ground movement is causing a lot more attrition then before, so players are enforced to use rail as much as possible, which was the case in real life.

A good example was long march of 5GTA and 5GA to Prokhorovka. It was probably the first time than many troops had to march and drive that long. Tank Corps were totally exhausted when arrived. And the only reason they didn't use rail was time deficit. There is an attempt to model the same in the game. It is much more efficient to use rails for every move if possible, but you can't use railed units in the battles till next turn.
Pavel Zagzin
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: Helpless
41 frontier with the German line running from just short of Leningrad through Minsk, Warsaw, Hungarian

I suspect, you have way too many RailYards. What is the amount of RC you get.

The production screen shows 291 with two damaged.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I have some saves with 170 Soviet Railyards in early-mid 1942. 290 is what they start with, i.e. maximum. Axis Ai seems to be doing bad job.
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Tech Support”