assigning support units to regiments

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Aditia

assigning support units to regiments

Post by Aditia »

When assigning support units to regiments as the Axis player I do not see a CV increase displayed on the counter. Am I missing a rule that makes assigning SU to regiments less effective or is this a bug (either graphical or does the full strength Tiger batalion I assigned to a regiment not count)?
LiquidSky

RE: assigning support units to regiments

Post by LiquidSky »

Most of the time the CV will be around 1...or rounded to 1. It could be that due to rounding, you won't see the increase. .6 + .6 = 1.2 will look like 1 + 1 = 1 due to rounding.

The most CV I have seen is 2 when I added the flam Panzer BN's to one of my divisions.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Aditia

Post by Aditia »

Well, i have assigned a panzer Bn to a regiment a few times in a level 3 fort. when I assign to a division in the same situationI see the CV value increase significantly, nothing when assigned to a regiment.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

ORIGINAL: Aditia

Well, i have assigned a panzer Bn to a regiment a few times in a level 3 fort. when I assign to a division in the same situationI see the CV value increase significantly, nothing when assigned to a regiment.

Interesting. Something I never caught before. I'm passing this on up to Pavel as a potential bug.

Thanks

Andy
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

I guess it depends on when the CV is calculated: before or after the combat. The SU has to be committed to the attack and this would affect the post combat relative CVs, but maybe not the initial displayed CVs.

Marquo
Aditia

Post by Aditia »

Here is a screenshot of the next turn. The regiment that had the Hvy Pz Bn directly attached did get attacked this turn. The support unit does participate in the battle, but it doesn't seem to get the bonuses of the fortifications (not sure if that is as intended, support units directly attached to divisions don't seem to get the fort bonus either, which means they are currently treated as reserve units, as opposed to being directly under local control, which I thought was the intention of spending AP on directly attaching units to a frontline unit).
Edit: Support units also don't seem to benefit from a hex's terrain modifier, but I'have not collect enough data on that to be absolutely sure. But that would mean that they are treated even more harshly than units that are committed as reserve.

Attachments
SUcommitment.jpg
SUcommitment.jpg (199.84 KiB) Viewed 61 times
GBS

Post by GBS »

Good questions....would be good to know.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

Hey, how do you get all the city names to display? Way cool.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: Farfarer

Hey, how do you get all the city names to display? Way cool.

It's a mod by redmarkus3, go get it in the scenario & mods section

Return to “Tech Support”