1.04 patch?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Lowlander2010

1.04 patch?

Post by Lowlander2010 »

Hi there, I just have to say this game is awesome, I Have been holding out on starting another Pbem of the grand campaign, just one question, and I know this has been asked before, do you have any idea when the 1.04 patch will be finished and released? I am looking forward to kicking some Soviet butt....
sitito

RE: 1.04 patch?

Post by sitito »

+1

Hope the first beta comes out today![&o]
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

It has been delayed slightly it seems, but it shouldn't be too far off. I'd say next week or in two weeks would be a reasonable estimate, provided we don't run into more serious bugs or playability issues. That chance is there, as some changes will be fairly major and thus have a higher chance of causing bugs or playability issues than smaller changes would.

I can't really give a more accurate estimate as I don't know how far off the final next version/public version of 1.04 is myself.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
squatter

Post by squatter »

Would be great to get a beta that fixed the known bugs such as defensive SU non-committment asap, and then a further patch that addresses more difficult issues of balance when they have been tested.

Any chance?
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I'm hoping that we can load older save games into the new version.  Ketza and I just started a PBEM game ( we're on turn 2 already ) and I suppose we can do a re-start but I'd rather not.  Possible?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Loading saves isn't a problem, but arrival/withdrawal schedules won't be changed if the game is patched as they're saved at the start of the scenario. Changes to that are minor in the next patch, though.

A boatload of bugs will be fixed, including the support unit commitment issue.
SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer
squatter

Post by squatter »

Yeah, I've seen the list of what's gonna be fixed - looks great.

What I'm saying is: any chance that the hotfixes for the out-and-out bugs be put out on beta soon, with the fixes for balance issues coming whenever they are ready, giving the testers the time they need to check them?

Currently, I'm more or less locked out of my PBEM as I'm being hammered by the SU non-committment bug. I'd like to be able to play again, but essentially cant until the patch is out.

It's like being denied access to a game you have paid good dollars for!

Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

We are still doing a lot of testing on 1.04. I'm on turn 33 of the 41 campaign looking at a variety of issues as I plug along. I can only get 2 turns at most in a day (playing both sides), so this takes a while. Others are in pbem's and Pavel is cranking out hotfixes for us as bugs get identified or modifications made. This is a tough process and considering testers are like the rest of you with real life jobs, families, school, etc., many can only get a few hours in a day. Me, I'm retired so right now I spend 12-14 hours a day on this.

Last thing we want to do is release an update that is partially fixed and then find out some of those fixes broke something else and need to get changed themselves again. We have a good bunch of testers and they are doing what they can.

Andy
cyberwop36

Post by cyberwop36 »

Go Cav!! Need something done right send a 19 Detail.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Come on! I'm waiting Custer....

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”