New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
vonRocko

RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

I disagree. He didn't say anything that he hasn't said before.
I didn't say he said anything new, but he did say "something".[:D]
But even if he has nothing new to say, it is nice to hear a statement once in a while, instead of months of silence on this forum.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I didn't say he said anything new, but he did say "something".[:D]
But even if he has nothing new to say, it is nice to hear a statement once in a while, instead of months of silence on this forum.

Depends on how you look at it. To me, since Mr. Walker has never commited to any kind
of date of completion, and there still is no game, no commitment is the same as silence.
Another screen shot doesn't mean a thing.
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Hoick.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Hoick.

Nope. It's all the same 'cause nothing is nothing. No matter how you say it.
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Tell you what, dude (or dudette...that's the problem with silly, forum names). When you start coding, designing, drawing, or testing, on this project, I'll listen to what you say. Till then you're just a breeze passing through.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

Mark could you tell something about pbem options? is the campaign playable human vs human? are there different set up options? i'm very much interested in this title.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

Tell you what, dude (or dudette...that's the problem with silly, forum names). When you start coding, designing, drawing, or testing, on this project, I'll listen to what you say. Till then you're just a breeze passing through.

Until you deliver a product that you announced six years ago, instead of showing annual screen shots, you're nothing but a lot of hot air.

Hopefully that will end the pointless flaming and we can get down to cases. I'm not trolling you. We really want to know when we're going to see this game. If ever.

Ed

Male.
Caucasian.
USA
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

From the LnL Facebook page:
Sleepy Status Update
.by Lock 'n Load Publishing on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 6:38am.Dull, status update stuff this morning, but... I've approved all proofs for Summer Lightning and HoG. Summer Lightning could be in as early as April 18th, but has components coming from all over the States, so it might be delayed by the boxes (made near Va Tech...Go Hokies!) or the semi-unique D10. Hog will also be done this month, but will then take 30 days to arrive.

Space Infantry box is at the printers, and the units cards go in today, probably also the counters, enemy cards, mission tiles...heck...everything but the rules. That is being done in Pennsylvania, so we still hope it is in our warehouse by the end of the month.

Heroes of Stalingrad. Finally, all the voice overs are done! Still don't have have a completion date, but there will be one.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

[/quote]

Hear, hear.

Developer or not, Mark, you need a lot more on your side before trying to pull the 'dude' cr*p on people who have been waiting for years now for what is now generally perceived as vaporware, often because they have already purchased and are fans of your boardgames.

I'm sure everyone here has their own thoughts as to who is 'just a breeze passing through'. [8|]
harrmonica

Post by harrmonica »

i don't know why its such a crazy notion when people are going to fork over money for your product, to deliver somewhat consistent updates, timelines, diaries etc. instead, this product/forum lays fallow for months at a time until it is once again revived by fans in eager anticipation or a 'screenshot.' i don't have anything personal against mr. walker, but there is an element of look i'm doing you a favor here by releasing this game, so pipe down and be patient.

i think a PR intervention is badly needed here.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

You are right! Silence from this Walker"dude", is better than hearing from him. With his atttitude he can shove this game, I wouldn't buy it now if it came out tonight! No hurry now walkerdude!!
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

while i agree that it's no good communication by the developer on this forum, he doesn't owe us anything .i think his renewed communication on this site could have been met friendlier. no one will gain anything if the posts will be exclusively on facebook.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Keunert

while i agree that it's no good communication by the developer on this forum, he doesn't owe us anything .i think his renewed communication on this site could have been met friendlier. no one will gain anything if the posts will be exclusively on facebook.

I didn't mind Mark's comments. After all, I can give as good as I get. What bothers me more is a comment like "he doesn't owe us a game". I disagree with that completely. After sticking with the development of this game for *years* he certainly *does* owe us a game.
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

I won't say that *he owe us a game*, but I begin to believe that when you set up a forum for PR you must use it to communicate regularly (at least answer basic question, even if no date or other wise is given) otherwise it is just something that tease and deny => frustrate people waiting for it. So I can understand the cold answer that Mark received. I realise too that he had short temper.

Beside, I don't use facebook, and I am likely to never use it, as I don't want to expose my life so how could I follow something on facebook. That's a bad choice, when you have a site and 3 forums that were up. Because, the line on Facebook is the interesting one. I hate this move that will eventually compell me to be on facebook. Very very bad, for the future of our communauty (read world).

Best regards

Skanvak
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

What cracks me up are the posts of people insisting there is no game or it never will be released. Granted it is a small fraction of your free time, but I don't understand your logic. If you really feel that way why not just ignore the game's section of the Matrix forums instead of stating and restating your same position. Those of us that are following the game get it already. You made your point. Flogging the developer when he posts a screenshot then defending your position of disbelief seems like a silly way to spend your time.
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Swamp_Yankee
Flogging the developer when he posts a screenshot then defending your position of disbelief seems like a silly way to spend your time.
Telling us how silly our posts are is a much wiser way to spend your time. [8D]
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Mark could you tell something about pbem options? is the campaign playable human vs human? are there different set up options? i'm very much interested in this title.

There will be live play via Internet (what else?). There will not be a PBEM option. Those that have played the board game might understand why. It is impulse driven (not turn based), hence the number of times a file would be transmitted in a typical turn, including opportunity fire options, might be as many as 30-50 times. Just not practical for PBEM.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

What cracks me up are the posts of people insisting there is no game or it never will be released. Granted it is a small fraction of your free time, but I don't understand your logic. If you really feel that way why not just ignore the game's section of the Matrix forums instead of stating and restating your same position. Those of us that are following the game get it already. You made your point. Flogging the developer when he posts a screenshot then defending your position of disbelief seems like a silly way to spend your time.

Sometimes I feel that way too. Then I think about it and say "naaaaaah...why let Walker screw around and annoy us like this for so long without saying something about it". and for those of you "that are following the game" (as if the rest of us aren't?) what have you got for the time you spent reading the posts here? Nothing whatsoever. So if it's a waste of time for those criticizing the situation it must be an even bigger waste of time for those reading the posts in anticipation of a game that might not ever be published. Oh wait...Walker says that it *will* be published. Well then we can all relax, can't we. (-:
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

You two win, I have no idea why I bothered. Enjoy.
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
harrmonica

Post by harrmonica »

You two win, I have no idea why I bothered. Enjoy.

its good you did bother, these are the forum mechanics at work. people have every right to complain about a game with no release date in sight, very little communication and a take it or leave it attitude from the developer. and you have very right to post that you find the responses 'silly.'

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”