New ROTS Patch n Mod Support xtra?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

lordxorn

New ROTS Patch n Mod Support xtra?

Post by lordxorn »

I did a quick scan of the patch notes I could find, and did not see any specifics about expanded modding support?

Anyone else have details?
Igard

RE: New ROTS Patch n Mod Support xtra?

Post by Igard »

Haven't looked yet, lordxorn, but I'd imagine there would be a beta patch first with any new mod support.

I'll take  a look later after work.
Data

Post by Data »

I've checked it (look for the readme doc in the game folder, it has all the changelogs) and indeed a no no here.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
lordxorn

Post by lordxorn »

hmm strange

SeanD at 4/6/2011 1:48:34 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi Gets a Major Update!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Impressive AI improvements, loads of fixes, and plenty more improvements coming in this update

Matrix Games and Code Force (www.codeforce.co.nz) are thrilled to announce the release of a major new update for Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi. The comprehensive 1.5.0.8 update has a notable concentration on AI improvements that cover a wide variety of fields such as how the AI handles fleets, invasions, colonization and research. The update also includes a long list of bug fixes and other changes effecting colony balance, diplomacy, and the Ancient Guardians.

It is highly recommended that all Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi owners install this update to take advantage of the significant improvements.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said "Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi has enjoyed a strong and very active community and these fans were instrumental in the creation of such a significant and valuable update for this acclaimed expansion. We're very pleased to have such enthusiastic community support for this unique and remarkable game, so keep those suggestions coming!"

An ancient evil is returning to the vast universe of Distant Worlds! The Return of the Shakturi is the highly anticipated expansion to the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game Distant Worlds. In addition to a long list of new features and improvements, Return of the Shakturi includes two new and unique alien races complete with riveting events that expand upon the original Distant Worlds and move the timeline of the universe forward into its next chapter with exciting new endgame options. A completely new and vastly expanded research system with comprehensive new tech trees awaits, with new tech and options for avid ship designers such as fighters, bombers, missiles, Ion weapons, planetary facilities, regional capitols, and much more!

Return of the Shakturi also comes packed with interface improvements like an Empire Navigation Tool to provide quick access to everything in your empire, Action Buttons for one-click access to common tasks, an Enemy Targets list showing all known enemy threats, Build Orders to mass-produce groups of new ships in one simple step, and much more! All this coupled with new Empire Policies to fine tune the auto-management of your empire, new galaxy shapes, and extended modding support make Return of the Shakturi an essential add-on to the vast, living galaxy of Distant Worlds!

Please note: Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi REQUIRES ownership of the original full Distant Worlds game.
Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous version of Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi to version 1.5.0.8. Get more information on Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi from its official product page.

I GET IT, it is talking about the expansion ROTS not the patch DOH!
Igard

Post by Igard »

Yes, it looks like a cut and paste job from the last major update![:D]
shinobu

Post by shinobu »

ORIGINAL: Igard

Yes, it looks like a cut and paste job from the last major update![:D]

Agreed. 1.5.0.8.beta and final 1.5.0.8 are exactly the same file size.
Data

Post by Data »

That in itself is circumstantial evidence [:)] but it is an interesting observation about size [:-]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Igard

Post by Igard »

I was only talking about the text description that SeanD posted, but perhaps it could apply to the patch file as well.[:D]

Return to “Design and Modding”