Disbanding support units

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Oleg Mastruko

Disbanding support units

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

May seem like a stupid question, but how do I disband support units?
larryfulkerson

RE: Disbanding support units

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's a two-step process I've found. First select the HQ unit that has the support units you want to disband and then right click on the display of it on the right side. Then left click on the text of the name of the SU you want to disband. Then there should be a line that says "disband unit" or something like that. I've noticed that sometimes some HQ's don't allow disbanding of SU's and I'm not sure exactly why. Someone else might be able to enlighten us both.

Attachments
disbandingsus.gif
disbandingsus.gif (206.97 KiB) Viewed 36 times
If listening to djt doesn't insult your intelligence then clearly you don't have any.
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Larry, I think the only criteria for disbanding a unit is that it cannot be scheduled to withdraw..

oops, EDIT that:
Units can only disband if they have enough movement points remaining to move to a rail hex that is connected to the supply grid, and if they are not within three hexes of an enemy unit.
Frozen or static units cannot be disbanded. A unit is required to have at least one movement point remaining to disband.

AKA "Juggalo"
CapAndGown

Post by CapAndGown »

Unit needs to be further than 3 hexes away from nearest enemy unit to disband.
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

AFAIK you cant disband support units that attached to High Command HQ - you have to transfer them down first.
saintsup

Post by saintsup »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

It's a two-step process I've found.

You can go directly to the second step through the commander report using the 'off map' switch for units.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”