Dumb Idea Or Really Dumb Idea

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Rugens

Dumb Idea Or Really Dumb Idea

Post by Rugens »

As my opponent and I wait for 1.04 before starting the blizzard season I think the dread of the winter is starting to affect my brain. Either that or maybe some of the poor choices made during the 60's & 70's.

For fun, the idea that crossed my mind most recently is as follows:

Current wisdom says you get the Rumanian's out of Russia or at least into towns before the blizzards start to hit and disable large quantities of men. Lets say we do this very effectively and reduce the amount of Rumanian's disabled during the winter to 0. Since the men returned from being disabled are allocated based on a fixed percentage ( 75% German, 10% Rumanian, 15% other axis allied), that means that if no Rumanians were disabled, 10% of the "Germans" originally lost are going to return as "Rumanians".

If on the other hand we were somehow able to have the entire Rumanian army disabled (about 700,000 men) then 75% of the 700,000 disabled "Rumanians" would eventually be returned as "Germans". Poof, an extra 525,000 "Germans" with an ever so slightly higher morale.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert_McCloskey

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”