HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is Now Available!

HISTORY Great Battles Medieval is a unique blend of Real-Time Strategy and Role-playing that allows you to develop your army; gaining experience, abilities and equipment to customize your troops. Success can never be guaranteed but to give you the best chance you must engage in careful preparation and be sure to equip your squads to meet every eventuality. In addition, an exciting Battle Card system will give you unique advantages which can turn the tide of battle if used at the right time!
SeanD

HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is Now Available!

Post by SeanD »

‘These are my battlefields. And I will fight for my men, for my king and for my country’

Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games are thrilled to announce the release of HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval for the PC! Now gamers can enjoy the unique and intense blend of strategy and role playing set in the dramatic backdrop of the Hundred Years War.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “This game has it all, thrilling medieval strategy, role playing and progression elements that keep you coming back for more, beautiful 3D battlefields, and a very friendly user interface. Once you start to build your mighty army and bring your enemies to battle, you’ll be hooked for sure!”

This is the Hundred Years War. Each man must stand tall. Each man’s mettle will be tested. But amongst all men there are leaders, there are those who will not be cowed. Can you be that leader? In this epic strategy RPG you will lead your army through the greatest of medieval wars and make history live again.

HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is a unique blend of Real-Time Strategy and Role-playing that allows you to develop your army; gaining experience, abilities and equipment to customize your troops. Success can never be guaranteed but to give you the best chance you must engage in careful preparation and be sure to equip your squads to meet every eventuality. In addition, an exciting Battle Card system will give you unique advantages which can turn the tide of battle if used at the right time!

In HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval you take command as a general in control of English or French forces during the Hundred Years War. As the English you will fight under the Black Prince, Henry V and other heroic characters from history, and as the French you fight for the famous Joan of Arc and the King.

Get more information on of HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval from its official product page.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
DBeves

RE: HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is Now Available!

Post by DBeves »

Eh ??? This game has been out already for an age ? Did i slip into a time machine without knowing ?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Slitherine released it last year, it's still a recent game and a very good one. We're catching up and syncing up our stores as some customers prefer to purchase through the Matrix Store. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Yep I like being able to register my games. I messed up with Bltzkeig France. I can't register my game with Matrix, bought it from Slitherine. Won't do that again.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We're planning to fix that in the future too, so that you'll be able to register games purchased from the Slitherine Store here too.

As far as Great Battles Medieval goes though, I definitely recommend it and especially if you're interested in the Hundred Years War.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Guz

Post by Guz »

demo out?
The Guz
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

There's a detailed overview here:

http://www.slitherine.com/gbm_overview

And a trailer video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZiBwgQ04UI

Armchair General also reviewed it and gave it 85%. The review is here:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/history- ... review.htm

No demo at this time though.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
von altair

Post by von altair »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Slitherine released it last year, it's still a recent game and a very good one. We're catching up and syncing up our stores as some customers prefer to purchase through the Matrix Store. [8D]

Not that this matters at all, but I would just like to correct this one. It was not released last year but:

HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval Release Date: 15/11/2009

So not quite recent game anymore....
"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna
Vasquez

Post by Vasquez »

Is the version at the matrix store the multi language version? (german i.e.)
mbar

Post by mbar »

At the Matrix store page it says it is version 1.02. That is the multi language version according to the Slitherine page.
mbar

Post by mbar »

I just installed it and it does have Deutsche support.

Return to “HISTORY Great Battles Medieval”