DaBigBabes Release

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JWE

RE: DaBigBabes Release

Post by JWE »

I'm quite sure that Uncle Don will forgive you.

Just wanted to mention that the Babes ship art set is now included in the ship art in 1106i. If you have installed 1106i you no longer need to add the Babes art files.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

nm, reload fixed it
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
treespider

Post by treespider »

Da Bump
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
JWE

Post by JWE »

Ok, the new stuff is up. See top of the thread. Ciao. J
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: JWE

Ok, the new stuff is up. See top of the thread. Ciao. J

Very much lost with the Map Art changes. Know it's my ignorance but how do you copy a bmp file into another bmp file?

"Copy Malaya H.bmp and paste into WPEH15.bmp. Copy Malaya N.bmp and paste into WPEN15.bmp"

Are you talking about going into paint or something? If so will some kind soul please do the map merges and come up with the new WPEH09 and WPEH15 for those of us who haven't mastered the Art of Art? I think I can manage making up backups of the original panels.

Buck

eloso

Post by eloso »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

If so will some kind soul please do the map merges and come up with the new WPEH09 and WPEH15 for those of us who haven't mastered the Art of Art?

Buck

I compiled these in photoshop.

You can download them here: Map Panels

Edit:

You can download the Wif Map version here: Wif Map Panels
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: OSO

If so will some kind soul please do the map merges and come up with the new WPEH09 and WPEH15 for those of us who haven't mastered the Art of Art?

Buck

I compiled these in photoshop.

You can download them here: Map Panels

Edit:

You can download the Wif Map version here: Wif Map Panels

Thank you very much.

Buck
eloso

Post by eloso »

Your welcome!
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

One thing I notice is while the new panels aligns well the Hexes do not show for them. Anyway to overcome this minor issue?

Buck
Local Yokel

Post by Local Yokel »

One thing I notice is while the new panels aligns well the Hexes do not show for them. Anyway to overcome this minor issue?

Buck

Have you copied all four files from the package into your \ART directory? It sounds as though you may have only copied WPEN09.bmp and WPEN15.bmp. Files WPEH09.bmp and WPEH15.bmp are the panels with the hex grid; the others don't have it.
eloso

Post by eloso »

Buck

There are 2 separate links for all possible map combinations. Are you sure you installed the correct one?

The first link has the map panels for the stock map. The 2nd one is for a map that was released later with dots for the ocean instead of hexes in the same style that appears in the strategy game, "World in Flames".

Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

Buck

Have you copied all four files from the package into your \ART directory? It sounds as though you may have only copied WPEN09.bmp and WPEN15.bmp. Files WPEH09.bmp and WPEH15.bmp are the panels with the hex grid; the others don't have it.

I am sure it must be something like that (I told you I didn't know anything about this).

Oso, Originally I just copied the WPEH files from your EDIT link post. Now I have gone back and copied the WPEN files from the original link, but, I still get the non hex portions in the game.

Confused!

Buck
JWE

Post by JWE »

Click on OSO’s link: http://eloso.3dretreat.com/AE/BigBabesMapPanels.zip and save to desktop.

Go to the - War In The Pacific Admiral’s Edition/ART folder and copy or move the 4 original map art files
WPEH09.bmp
WPEH15.bmp
WPEN09.bmp
WPEN15.bmp
to some other folder (maybe to the - War In The Pacific Admiral’s Edition/Extras folder), i.e., make a backup.

Then open OSO’s zip file and copy/move/unzip/whatever all 4 files
WPEH09.bmp
WPEH15.bmp
WPEN09.bmp
WPEN15.bmp
to the - War In The Pacific Admiral’s Edition/ART folder.

[ed] oh, yeah, don't forget to save your old pwhexe.dat file somewhere and use the pwhexe.dat file that comes with the zip in post #3.

You should be good to go, but you must completely exit and fire the game back up so that it captures the new art files. If you are still having problems, please send pm. Ciao.
eloso

Post by eloso »

Sorry Buck but I think I know what happened now.

You orirginally downloaded the wrong package designed for the WIF map style. Then you downloaded the original link but only used the non-hex version which is why you aren't seeing the hexes.

You'll need to take the all of the files from the original link and replace the map panels. Then you should be good to go.

I apologize for the confusion.
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

Good to go guys and thanks a bunch.

Buck
vinnie71

Post by vinnie71 »

HI

Maybe someone can help. I had to reinstall Da Babes because my old computer just gave up on me and so I bought a new one (so much for one year of play).

For some reason the Da BigBabes scenarios (I tried the C version) don't load (though stock scenarios seem to work well). I have followed the steps in reinstalling (twice) but to no avail. Has anyone met this problem before? Here are my specs

Intel Quad Processor 2.8GHz, 1 TBSATA2 7200 rpm hard drive and a 1 GBNVIDIA GeForce GT220 graphics card

Edit: Have patched up to the latest patch in the Members area
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

Just downloaded scen 28 and there are no plane folders in the Art folder, for either side! Hence no plane tops coming up in replays
This is a clean install for DBB using the last official, not Beta, patch.
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: cantona2
Just downloaded scen 28 and there are no plane folders in the Art folder, for either side! Hence no plane tops coming up in replays
Hello Cantona,

Scen028 is just a scenario. It goes into the Scen folder. It has no Art or anything else. It uses "The Game" stuff. So if you have "The Game" installed, all you need do is drop Scen028 into the Scen folder and you should be good to go. It uses the standard "game" plane art, ship art, everything art.

A clean install of the latest patch, and a clean download of DBB Scen028 should be good. If you are still having problems, please send a pm. I'll be glad to help.

J
cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

ORIGINAL: JWE

ORIGINAL: cantona2
Hello Cantona,

Scen028 is just a scenario. It goes into the Scen folder. It has no Art or anything else. It uses "The Game" stuff. So if you have "The Game" installed, all you need do is drop Scen028 into the Scen folder and you should be good to go. It uses the standard "game" plane art, ship art, everything art.

A clean install of the latest patch, and a clean download of DBB Scen028 should be good. If you are still having problems, please send a pm. I'll be glad to help.

J

Thanks for the reply. Plane art loaded normally when i ran the turn.

I also downloaded Oso's map panels and copied them into the Art folder. Does the phwex data also have to be imported as well?

cantona2

Post by cantona2 »

erm just read post #133 above [:o]

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”