No retreat from Sinyang

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RUPD3658

No retreat from Sinyang

Post by RUPD3658 »

I am playing scn 1 as Japan vs the AI on very hard and have had an odd occurance at Sinyang. The AI took Sinyang after several attacks and my units were destroyed rather than retreating even though they had a clear retreat path. I retook the base and the AI contested the base. After several attacks at as high as 10:1 the AI units did not retreat and after several attacks they were destroyed. In both cases there were at least 4 open hexes and clear paths to friendly bases.

Any ideas?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
bilbow

RE: No retreat from Sinyang

Post by bilbow »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

I am playing scn 1 as Japan vs the AI on very hard and have had an odd occurance at Sinyang. The AI took Sinyang after several attacks and my units were destroyed rather than retreating even though they had a clear retreat path. I retook the base and the AI contested the base. After several attacks at as high as 10:1 the AI units did not retreat and after several attacks they were destroyed. In both cases there were at least 4 open hexes and clear paths to friendly bases.

Any ideas?

Same issue in my PBEM. Chinese should have been able to retreat back up the road to Nanyang, but stayed and eventually died. Saw this behavior also at Magwe, with my Japs in the base attacking the remnants of the Brit Burma units in the hex. They should have been able to reteat back to Kalemyo (sp?) but they stand and take 10 to 15-1 attacks turn after turn.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”