Direct Fire

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

benpark

Direct Fire

Post by benpark »

I'm still unsure on how to use the direct fire feature. I haven't seen a discrete phase for it yet. Can anyone help clarify this? Thanks.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
Andrew Loveridge

RE: Direct Fire

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Direct Fire is under 5.16 pg 35.  It happens after the movement phase, if there are units within range of enemy targets, with artillery fire being resolved in the Assault phase.  So it may be skipped until you have unit 1-3 hexs from the enemy, depending on their direct fire range.  Also they need to be in the correct posture to use direct fire, Defend or Emplaced Posture units get to use direct fire.
Obsolete

RE: Direct Fire

Post by Obsolete »

To add to that, if your unit engaged in opportunity fire already, then it will not be allowed to engage in the direct-fire phase. As, that would be like getting two units for the time-cost of one :P

One last tip, another BONUS of tanks (if you can call it that), is they can actually give opportunity fire even in Attack posture.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

Return to “Combat Command Series”