The 868.9741 Nautical Mile War (Allies POV)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Raverdave

The 868.9741 Nautical Mile War (Allies POV)

Post by Raverdave »

Well Cap mandrake is doing an AAR for the IJN side so it is only fair dear readers, for you to also enjoy the Allies point of view.

This will be a short AAR for the tourney that is currently running, and both I (Champion and hero of the west[&o]) and Cap(Curse his black heart)Mandrake made it through to round two.

We now have to battle it out with the 1000 Mile (868.9741 Nautical Miles) War Scen to determine a winner.

Please feel free to stick your nose in and cast pearls of wisdom.

So sit back and enjoy !

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Chickenboy

RE: The 868.9741 Nautical Mile War (Allies POV)

Post by Chickenboy »

Good luck, sir.  [8D]
scott64

Post by scott64 »

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Tourneys are great, but to win you have to play a different type of game, one aimed squarely at winning the most points, where as in the grand game, I aim to take ground and pound the living s*it out of my opponent.   But when you sit back and look at the game from a pure points point of view then you style has to change.

First up, orders are cut to bomb the airfields.  Lets see what that does.   Next, use my subs to sneek in and plant some mines.....you get a good number of mine in this Scen so might as well use them.  

The basic strat is to move as fast as possible before the jap flat tops arrive in  5 weeks time, get the troops on the ground and then scram the heck out of dodge until turn 60 rolls around. 

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Mark VII

Post by Mark VII »

G'day mate,
And good luck.
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

2nd turn just run.......I have bombed his airfields but apart from moving a lot of earth around there is not much to report.

Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

I REALLY wish that I had some info to tell you all, but Cap Mandrake is being very very careful.[:(]  Maybe I need to rattle his cage a bit to see what happens.   There are still a few days before he gets the two CAs so maybe I should go-a-hunting.

Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Well I am doing my best to hand rat brain points.  I lost a B-24 due to "operational" issues....in fact his undercarriage was damaged by flack and he crack up on landing back at base.  The crew are safe but the kite is a write-off.  DMS Long "found" a jap torpedo on a mine sweeping operation and she will not make it back to base, as the flood damage is in the 90's. So far I have not managed to sink or shoot down anything so it looks like I am not off to a good start.[:(]

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Dave,

Where are his minisubs? If they're in port at Kiska (a possible location), have you considered a port strike to bust 'em up? Does recon show you a bunch of TFs in the Kiska hex? If so, he likely has 'em in the hex there on patrol. Have you considered an ASW sweep of Kiska? Those minisubs are worth 4 points a piece and are easy to break with some depth charges.
krupp_88mm

Post by krupp_88mm »

edit
Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Hi Chickenboy,
I have swept Kiska with DMS and also done a ASW sweep, but found nothing.  So danged if I know what he has done with 'em.  Maybe he has hauled them onto the beach and buried them to be used as some sort of mad JFB gun emplacement.

I am growing weary of tip-toeing around and am going to order some bombardment TFs with ASW TFs leading the way. 

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Will you please hurry up and kick his arse?  (taps foot)...  [:D]
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

Sooo...anything new in this war? [:'(]
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: moore4807

Sooo...anything new in this war? [:'(]
Raverdave conceded both games... Captain Mandrake moves onto the next round.
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

I had the worst luck in both games.........as the IJN player my subs just sucked so bad that they could have been mistaken for '42 US subs.     Cap Mandrake won the fist game by 400 points and the second game by 300 points. 

When is the next tourney?   I demand revenge!

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I have never gotten to 43 in an AE game. The US subs are indeed dangerous, even the S boats. IJN subs wrecked Nassau and one BB. After that I had ASW taffy everywhere.
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Best of luck in your next tourney match!  

Return to “After Action Reports”