Users Antoarc & Pasiek, Please Read

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

CheerfullyInsane

Users Antoarc & Pasiek, Please Read

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

Both of you gentlemen have accepted an open challenge from me, and neither of you have deigned to start the game after 3 days.

So, either you move or at least get in contact with me either here or through PM, or I'll assume you're not particularly interested in playing, and have the games removed.

- Lars
"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder
alfonso

RE: Users Antoarc & Pasiek, Please Read

Post by alfonso »

I am playing against Antoarc, and he has been a reliable opponent. One never knows if the other person is in the hospital, o travelling, or...I don't have his email, so when I am out 3-4 days I feel completely guilty (we play trough Slitherine).
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

I have a game going against Antoarc as well & he has so far always completed his turn  I know that he is a member of the Matrix club as he has upgraded to beta patches for WITE during our game so search his username in the members section & send him a polite note I am sure that there must be a good reason for him not to have responded
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Some users are pretty relaxed when accepting challenges, they accept it then wait for days before sending the actual turn. I recommend finding opponents on the subforum here, exchanging email addresses, then starting a game on Slitherine server (if you prefer that to old school PBEM)
CheerfullyInsane

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

I have a game going against Antoarc as well & he has so far always completed his turn  I know that he is a member of the Matrix club as he has upgraded to beta patches for WITE during our game so search his username in the members section & send him a polite note I am sure that there must be a good reason for him not to have responded
Manstein63

I did actually do a search, and up popped two other posts with the above gentlemen in disappearing acts (this time in BA).
I'm not saying anything against any of them, since I have no correspondence with either.
There may well be very good reasons for the lack of activity.
However, if you pick up a challenge, I'm assuming you have both the time and inclination to actually play, otherwise why not leave it for someone else to pick up?
It's not a major issue, it just annoys me.
And I'll be hornswoggled if I'm about to go chasing after my would-be opponents to get them to play. [:D]
original: Oleg Mastruko

Some users are pretty relaxed when accepting challenges, they accept it then wait for days before sending the actual turn. I recommend finding opponents on the subforum here, exchanging email addresses, then starting a game on Slitherine server (if you prefer that to old school PBEM)

I agree, which is how I got my CGs started. Playing a CG without some sort of writing in between turns would be a waste of time, IMO.
How else can you gloat when trouncing your opponent from one end of Russia to the other? [;)]
These two games were minor scenarios I had set up to test some of the things I had learned from my CGs, so I thought I'd give the 'Open challenge' a whirl, since it works beautifully in Field of Glory.
Ah well, lesson learned. [:)]
"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

[quote]ORIGINAL: CheerfullyInsane

[And I'll be hornswoggled if I'm about to go chasing after my would-be opponents to get them to play. [:D]

Fair Point.
If you are up for a game on the server I'll be quite happy to play you. just not the 41 or 42 Campaigns at least until beta 1.04 arrives & we can find out how the Blizzard goes. choose a scenario set the terms pick a side & we will run with it. (prefer full FOW & random weather with locked HQ's)
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
antoarc

Post by antoarc »

I am very sorry Lars

when i clicked that game , was a mistake....thought that it was a GC not Barbarossa , but i don't know how to cancel a game or to contact you.
I am playing 3 other games till now, 1 Barbarossa with Alfonso, 1 GC 1941-45 with Manstein, and another GC 1941-45 just started.....have to make first move yet B-((
Should be enough for now
Ciao
Antonio
Antonio Zinno
CheerfullyInsane

@ Antoarc
Fair enough. [:)]

The reason I started a Barbarossa game was because I merely wanted to get some practice with the opening moves, without having to deal with the pre-1.04 blizzard.

No harm done, I'll just get the game deleted to de-clutter my game-list.
Thanks for getting back to me. [:)]

@ Manstein63
I'd love to play, but this thread brought a deluge of PMs with game offers, so I'm kinda swamped at present.
Once I get some of these other games finished, I'll happily take you up on the offer though.
- Edmund Blackadder
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

[@ Manstein63
I'd love to play, but this thread brought a deluge of PMs with game offers, so I'm kinda swamped at present.
Once I get some of these other games finished, I'll happily take you up on the offer though.
[/quote]

I will look forward to it just click on my name & send me an email when you are ready
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
mikemcmann

Post by mikemcmann »

Is our game not stressful enough!!!! ;)
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

I think you may have me confused with a different Manstein as I only have one game playing at the moment. & that is with Antoarc
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
CheerfullyInsane

ORIGINAL: mikemcmann

Nah, we're almost at the blizzard so it's your turn to be stressed. [;)]

Besides, I can either play WitE, or I can get a life.
Playing WitE seems easier. [:D]

EDIT: @ Manstein63, Mike was talking to me. [;)]
- Edmund Blackadder
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

My apologies to both of you, but in my defence it was an easy mistake to make.
Manstein63

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: CheerfullyInsane
ORIGINAL: mikemcmann

Nah, we're almost at the blizzard so it's your turn to be stressed. [;)]
Are you one of the Russians Mikemcmann claims to be crushing? We're at '41 snow and he hasn't got any troops E of Dnepr
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
mikemcmann

Post by mikemcmann »

Haha! No cross timeline intel gathering! ;)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”