Mega Urgent Question (NO 2ndACR, please)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

TulliusDetritus

Mega Urgent Question (NO 2ndACR, please)

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Ok, it's about industry evacuation. If I know I won't be able to evacuate all of my industry and therefore evacuate a small fraction of everything in x city, it will rebuild later in its new location (very slowly) or what is left behind will be PERMANENTLY lost?

Thanks in advance
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
ussdefiant

RE: Mega Urgent Question (NO 2ndACR, please)

Post by ussdefiant »

HI/Armaments/maybe Vehicles is split, whatever parts of things like tanks/aircraft you leave behind are destroyed, but they expand back up to their build limit at the Expansion Rate.
TulliusDetritus

So that means I should make sure everything is evacuated (although they are fractions). Because IF I do not evacuate an item at all (100% left behind) it will NOT rebuild (because it simply does not exist).

Thank you very much for the quick answer [&o]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: HMSImperator

whatever parts of things like tanks/aircraft you leave behind are destroyed, but they expand back up to their build limit at the Expansion Rate.

Sorry, but what about "HI/Armaments/maybe Vehicles"? This is also true for them, they will rebuild in their new location?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

This is also true for them, they will rebuild in their new location?

No, they won't be rebuild there.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Panama

Post by Panama »

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Sorry, but what about "HI/Armaments/maybe Vehicles"? This is also true for them, they will rebuild in their new location?

I think I read someplace that you have to evacuate at least half of these to reach historic production levels. I don't recall exactly were at the moment.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I think I read someplace that you have to evacuate at least half of these to reach historic production levels.

It was said about the air/afv factory evacuation.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
TulliusDetritus

I see, thank you
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Heavy industry, armaments and vehicles - what you move you move and that's it. Nothing rebuilds, 1 point is 1 point. 1 point removed is 1 point removed. 1 point lost (not evacuated) is 1 point lost permanently. You can move it point by point at different locations.

Specific industry like T-34 factory or KV-1 factory or Il-2 factory is best removed as whole. If you can move the whole 60 points, or whatever, in one go. If you move only 10 points it will repair and eventually rebuild and expand but it will take a LOOONG time. Moving the whole 60-point factory in one go is the best solution. Moving whataver points you can move, like 30, is the second best. Moving 5 by 5 points is second worst solution, but at least something is saved and may rebuild by 45 LOL Finally, not moving it at, and losing the whole factory is obviously the worst solution.
Adnan Meshuggi

Post by Adnan Meshuggi »

well, i think this should be changed.
The russians would have rebuild certain industries, if they had lost em

Sure, it could be gamey, so the rebuild should cost manpower (so you decide if you want to add more tanks or men), but the capability of the SU should be recognized.

Can´t say if this is doable in the program.
Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

Heavy industry, armaments and vehicles - what you move you move and that's it. Nothing rebuilds, 1 point is 1 point. 1 point removed is 1 point removed. 1 point lost (not evacuated) is 1 point lost permanently. You can move it point by point at different locations.

Specific industry like T-34 factory or KV-1 factory or Il-2 factory is best removed as whole. If you can move the whole 60 points, or whatever, in one go. If you move only 10 points it will repair and eventually rebuild and expand but it will take a LOOONG time. Moving the whole 60-point factory in one go is the best solution. Moving whataver points you can move, like 30, is the second best. Moving 5 by 5 points is second worst solution, but at least something is saved and may rebuild by 45 LOL Finally, not moving it at, and losing the whole factory is obviously the worst solution.

But what you don't move in 1 go for tanks and aicraft ( I don't know about vehicles) instantly disappears so you can't move turn by turn unlike HI/arms.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”