Screen resolution question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

ijontichy

Screen resolution question

Post by ijontichy »

What screen resolution(s) does this game support, and how does it support them?

The "how" question is important. I have a 1920x1200 screen. Compared to say a 1024x768 screen I expect to see more hexes visible on the screen at one time, a lot more hexes, rather than simply having everything including the GUI elements stretched but the same number of hexes shown. So how does GG's WitE handle it?
pat.casey

RE: Screen resolution question

Post by pat.casey »

ORIGINAL: ijontichy

What screen resolution(s) does this game support, and how does it support them?

The "how" question is important. I have a 1920x1200 screen. Compared to say a 1024x768 screen I expect to see more hexes visible on the screen at one time, a lot more hexes, rather than simply having everything including the GUI elements stretched but the same number of hexes shown. So how does GG's WitE handle it?

Just expand the window. So far as I can tell it'll display as many hexes as will fit on screen.
CheerfullyInsane

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

WitE doesn't use a 'true' full-screen mode, merely a normal window that is expandable.
Thus it'll support any resolution supported by your OS.

GUI elements stay the same size no matter what the window-size is, so running at 1920x1200 should yield a larger playing area, everything else being equal.
"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder
Reg

Post by Reg »

Edit... Wrong forum....

Sorry [:(]
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
ijontichy

Post by ijontichy »

Thanks guys.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”