Release date for AT Gold?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Princessjj1

Release date for AT Gold?

Post by Princessjj1 »

Read about this and I'm psyched--but there isn't much point to purchasing AT now with AT Gold close.

Any word on a release date for AT Gold?
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
82ndtrooper

RE: Release date for AT Gold?

Post by 82ndtrooper »

here is a link to vics website
he is the Developer and I am sure any info you need you can find it all there

cheers

http://www.vrdesigns.nl/
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

End of Q1...guess I'm holding off then.
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
Josh

Post by Josh »

End of Q1 is nearing, so uhm, how about an update? Some screenies, maybe a youtube gameplay, anything really would be appreciated .... [:)] 
Vic

Post by Vic »

yeah. hold tight. info should be released really soon now.

best,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

woot!
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
Captain Cruft

Post by Captain Cruft »

OK so it's announced. Doesnt look like you can buy it yet though.

Is there a discount for existing AT holders?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Re your first statement, I believe (just guessing) it should be released in about 3 or 4 weeks. Someone from Matrix Games will have to confirm the release date and are the only ones who can answer your question about a discount for existing AT owners.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Captain Cruft

Post by Captain Cruft »

Thanks. Quick response!

I have been waiting for this for a long time.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft

Is there a discount for existing AT holders?

There will have to be a substantial discount for me even to think about this one; none of that 10% rubbish they did with Crown of Glory. I can't see anything about ATG that rates more than an 'expansion pack' and if not sold separately (which it obviously isn't) it should be an expansion pack price for existing owners.
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

I will be delighted to buy at full price, given that I have had >$1000 of fun from the first one. I owe this guy big time. Feel kind of bad for having only spent ~$40 on the first one given the amount of playtime I got (and still getting from it)... so glad to have an opportunity to open the wallet AND get a vastly upgraded game [:D]
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

From what I can tell this is more than an expansion.  It's really a new version of the game.  I wouldn't mind paying full price but a discount is always nice.

Hertston, if you really want to see a ripoff just look at what they did with Harpoon.  The game is exactly the same.  But if we want future patches it'll cost $35.
Arditi

Post by Arditi »

In my opinion, the stacking, giving/trading of military hardware and/or hexes and new graphics and some refined rules makes for a completely new game.
  Respectfully, Arditi[:)]
Semper Fi
www.ironlegions.weebly.com
author of: Italy At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Japan At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera
jomni

Post by jomni »

ORIGINAL: rich12545

From what I can tell this is more than an expansion.  It's really a new version of the game. 

In my opinion, it's not a new version as you claim but just an enhanced version. Like WITP AE.
I'm definitely buying this but would really hope to get some discount as being an existing AT customer.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

AT Gold looks amazing.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/405 ... tics:.Gold

+1 for the discount though.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

as a tester I can say that ATG plays like a brand new game. The addition of needing to make resources before you can produce items is totally different from AT and causes you to change your whole strategy. Not to mention the ability for allies to move through your territory and many many other things. This game is worth every penny of the full price and you know that vic will support it like no one else does.

also the new scenarios packaged with it are brillant [:)]
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

Can the AI use nukes now?
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Howard can you tell what scenarios will be included?
Thanks
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

I would definatly not call it an expansion. An expansion is something that expands a game horizontaly by giving it a bigger scope through new scenarios and some fixes but with little of new functions.

I wouldnt call it a brand new game either. Because it is what it says: AT-Gold. It is a new and enhanced version of the game with a lot of new and improved features and much better graphics. People who played AT will be able to dive very quickly into AT. Its like the new versions of Civilization. It has always kept the same basic features and idea while changing things under & over the hood.

I would also say that there is basicly very different AT players, random game players, modders and people who play scenarios. ATG does have something for everyone. And some changes that look small when you see it on the feature list makes a huge difference in game.

Just one example is the new feature that lets you program an event that lets the players select a hex as a function of an actioncard or event. This feature alone is huge if you want to model events realisticly. For one thing it makes it possible to program events for minefields, evacuate factories, populations etc, basicly anything.

Another thing that is huge is alliances with giving of hexes, units etc. I have played diplomatic wargames for many years and i have honestly never seen this done as elegantly and realistic as in ATG (Civ is close though).

I do think a discount is a good idea to get every AT player into ATG, but i also think this really depends on the ultimate price. If the price is small then the discount is less nesscessary, if the price is higher the discount becomes more interesting. As i recall AT wasnt terribly expensive in itself.  
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

The idea of a discount for AT owners is good for me (i register the game today hehehe) and price... for me with discount between 20-30 euros is a good price over this less.

Well, then if all go fine this month the game is release (Q1) great, now Vic can work on a East fron title for DC [:D]

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”