Morale

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

kirk23

Morale

Post by kirk23 »

I'm sure that this question has been asked before but,can anyone tell me why MORALE appears to play no part in the naval side of the game,when from what I have read on the subject, in reality it played a vital part on any combat out come,due to the fact that ships were very hard to sink and that it was the crews morale that really decided the course of a battle in that they surrendered!
Make it so!
borner

RE: Morale

Post by borner »

the naval side of things is one shortcoming of the game. Morale/training/equipment is reflected in the +1 GB gets in combat rolls, and wind gauge. Another thing that is missing that you bring up is that ships are not captured. I am not sure the coding in the game can work with this, but to have a % of lost ships captured by the other side and eventually put in use would be a good addition. It has been this way all through EiA, not just the computer version and is far from a game-breaker. Nice "wish list" item though.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Thanks for reply,I understand a bit better now.The reason I asked was that due to the sudden death of my beloved uncle Graham ( hellfirejet ) a few months back, I have been left all of his Matrix games in his will,along with all of his reference books + his year old Mitsubishi I Miev electric car,boy all my friends are so chuff about that,I knew that uncle Graham and I were close but he never hinted that I would ever get anything from him,I should have guessed because he was always very caring and generous towards me,I miss him so much he has left a huge void in my life.
Make it so!
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

He always seemed a great fellow on the forums, that is for sure!
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”