Game wont launch, fatal error 770

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

05Angels

Game wont launch, fatal error 770

Post by 05Angels »

Hello fellow gamers, long time lurker finally bought WITE last night (download). When I went to install the game it told me my serial number was invalid 3 times in a row, kicking me out of install. It installed on the fourth attempt but will not launch< stating there is an issue with my serial number, fatal error #770.
Additionally, when I first went to download the game, the download immediately froze and I had to go to the members area and download from there. The other interesting issue is that when installing the program has a blank line as to where it will install to. I need to manually select Matrix folder and then create my own folder for WITE.
Still waiting on support to respond, really wanted to try this out yesterday and today...Thanks in advance for any and all help.
cookie monster

RE: Game wont launch, fatal error 770

Post by cookie monster »

Right Click on the desktop launch icon

set to 'RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR'

The game will then run.
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

This is issue with UAC (can safely presume that you have either Windows 7 por Windows Vista)...

The WitE Matrix installer is trying to write into registry and UAC is preventing that (and there might be issue with your account's permissions to do system stuff)!

Thus please do:

Run installer with "Run as Administrator".

Restart PC after that.

Try playing game normally!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
05Angels

Post by 05Angels »

Thanks for the prompt and excellent responses. I have tried both suggestions and still have the exact same issue. The file I am directed to download is entitled "GGWarintheEast-Update-v103Beta6". Is it possible that this is a patch only and not the full game? The file size is 26.8 megs. There is still no path for the setup file to extract to, so I must create my own. Additionally, no shortcut is created and I am launching straight from the game folder I am forced to create.
I am running vista, but have been buying games from Matrix for 6 years, never had an issue before. I have purchased Hannibal on this system and both Distant worlds programs (also downloads) in the last 10 days, no issues getting them to run.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Yes, this is just a patch. You can download a game from member's area. Please contact Matrix helpdesk to get the download link.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
05Angels

Post by 05Angels »

Helpless, thanks for the response. Submitted a ticket to the help desk last night, haven't heard back, so hopefully on Monday I will recieve a response. It was my theory that I only have a link to the patch and not the full game. In the members download area however, this is the only file I had access to as a registered game. As of now the members area states I have no downloads available for War in the East. Looks like I need to wait on tech support, thanks for everyones efforts.
05Angels

Post by 05Angels »

Hello again, Matrix straightened out the problem by providing a new download link. I would like to thank everyone for their help.

Return to “Tech Support”