PBEM Question

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

canuckgamer

PBEM Question

Post by canuckgamer »

In the game features it indicates that PBEM will be server based. Can you clarify what this means and how the PBEM procedure is different then the standard sending a move file to your opponent? Thanks.
IainMcNeil

RE: PBEM Question

Post by IainMcNeil »

When you play the game you click multiplayer. This logs you in to the PBEM server. YOu can see a list of challenges from opponents around teh world to accept (note they do not have to be online at the time). You can accept one of these challenges or issue your own challenge. If you issue a challenge it will add to the list and when someone accepts you'll be notified by e-mail if it is your turn to play.

If you accept a challenge the game will move from the challenge list to "My Games". My Games can be in My Turn, Enemy Turn or completed. If the game is in my turn I can play my turn. To do so just click the play button. It downloads the turn from the server (all inside the game interface). You don't actually send or receive any e-mails. You play your turn and click End Turn. You get teh chance to add a message for your opponent. The game then uploads the save to the server and mails your opponent to let them know it is their turn.

You never have to be online at the same time as your opponent but in game messaging allows you to build up a good relationship with your opponent. It works so well that we are building it in to every game we can and there are thousands of games active at any one time.

The system also supports tournaments if the game client does. More features are added all the time.

It really takes turn based multiplayer to whole new level!

If you want to see it in action try Field of Glory or Battlefield Academy.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Razz1

RE: PBEM Question

Post by Razz1 »

In game messaging is great!

Return to “Panzer Corps”