Using Reimer Editor and a few other questions

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

incredibletwo

Using Reimer Editor and a few other questions

Post by incredibletwo »

Hi all,

I had a look at the other threads but couldn't find anything relevant.

1. How do I open a database using the Reimer Editor? Nothing I do works. I can open Access (therefore I assume I don't need that Runtime thing) and I have a menu of sorts presented to me (Platforms, Components, Other Tasks and sub-menus). From there, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get a database open.

2. I'm using the original ANW CD release, 3.7 I think. I have all the upgrades to 3.9.4 but due to the automatic defence I've chosen to keep using 3.7. Has the automatic defence been changed in 3.10?

3. Any news as to when the ANW 3.10 upgrade will be released? Have most of the major bugs been fixed (auto defence, UNREP, etc)?

4. I have a host of images I wish to add to the database. Is this easier to do in 3.10?

Thanks in advance. [:)]

Attachments
Reimer.jpg
Reimer.jpg (145.58 KiB) Viewed 273 times
"Fortune favours the bold"
cuthbo2001

RE: Using Reimer Editor and a few other questions

Post by cuthbo2001 »

Hi , firstly make sure macros are running, when you load access check for security warning at top of screen. If it appears enable macros. From the list options choose import new database. From pop up screen choose start click through warning pop up, from search pop up point at database you wish loaded and click ok

uncleharpoon

Post by uncleharpoon »

Hi

While we don't officially support database editing, we would like to hear your suggestions for changes to the Advanced Manual to help this process along.

Regarding your other questoins.

What specifically are you having problems with on automatic defense?

And as far as adding images to the database, it's going to be the same for all 3 ANW products. Just dig into the ANW or HUD3 databases and you'll see the PIC ID's. The pic file/folder names correspond to the PIC ID's. Simple but effective. If you have animations or 3D images of the right type - you can see how we did it for 3.9.x and follow along. This kind of work is NOT supported by AGSI nor Matrix. HOWEVER, if you want to write a "how to" we'll add it to the Wiki and give you credit for the contribution. If you have public domain pictures you can offer to contribute them and we'll include them on the next update (again we'll give credit where due).

And we are about to build the 2nd release candidate of the 3.x ->3.10 updater. Don't make too much noise or we'll ask you to beta test it ;)
incredibletwo

Post by incredibletwo »

Thanks for your answers!

I found the aforementioned manual in my Harpoon install directory. Amazing what you find when you look in the right place! [:'(] My oversight.
As for suggestions, none forthcoming at the moment. I've just started doing this so I need to play around a bit first.

Auto defence: I don't really like the way the defence of my ships is automated. I mean, I prefer to engage any incoming threats manually. It's fun and quite challenging. Just sitting back and watching things happen is not so enjoyable. Is there a .opt file or whatnot in 3.10 to adjust this to suit? If so, that would be cool. [:)]

I'm still using 3.7. It seems that there is a .res file for the pics. How do I go about editing this type of file? I'd like to add text as well and noticed that there is a .res file for this too.

Which brings me to my next point. I've managed to import a database, but whereas in the manual it says to choose the appropriate .dat file, all I get is this Image

Not seen in the image is I've checked the "Import text" check-box but get FAILED statuses for the database text. I'm trying import the ODB from 3.7

Attachments
databasechoice.jpg
databasechoice.jpg (153.95 KiB) Viewed 273 times
incredibletwo

Post by incredibletwo »

Reference my last, I can now edit text. [8D]
And it seems that the DB opens and edits without too much drama.

Also, I'll have to go through those pics to see what I have.

I'll be quiet... [:'(]
Little Beavers

Post by Little Beavers »

ORIGINAL: incredibletwo
Auto defence: I don't really like the way the defence of my ships is automated. I mean, I prefer to engage any incoming threats manually. It's fun and quite challenging. Just sitting back and watching things happen is not so enjoyable. Is there a .opt file or whatnot in 3.10 to adjust this to suit? If so, that would be cool. [:)]

Hi,

I agree with you that it's much more fun to be in on the action than sit back and watch, but there's going to be times when you won't have a choice in the matter. A large missile strike will quickly overload you and you'll have to let the program take over some of the load for you. In ships without a VLS, the missile reload time will make is seem like forever and a day before the next salvo goes out.
Which brings me to my next point. I've managed to import a database, but whereas in the manual it says to choose the appropriate .dat file, all I get is this Image

It's asking you for the folder in which the .DAT files reside in. Once you have selected that folder just hit the OK button.
Not seen in the image is I've checked the "Import text" check-box but get FAILED statuses for the database text. I'm trying import the ODB from 3.7

This is a subfolder in the same folder where you have your .DAT files. It is called 'text' and that is where the text files are. You select them in the same manner as you did your .DAT files.

Happy Hunting
sanderson_slith

Post by sanderson_slith »

Hi! I'm a player for only about 2 years. And I got some problems when I try to search for the database editor according to the links listed on the manuals. But, unfortunatelly, all the links are dead now. I really need this tool to view the database and modify some of them. Could you send me a copy of this editor? My gamil ID is "helloworldwang2013". Thank you!
He who commands the sea has command of everything.

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”