the escape key

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

gts2096

the escape key

Post by gts2096 »

i would always use this key to back out of stuff....now im getting CD's when i use it too much...any suggestions
Nomad

RE: the escape key

Post by Nomad »

I would suggest that you don't use so much? [8D]

Not really sure why you are getting crashes using the ESC key. I tend to use the mouse instead.
gts2096

Post by gts2096 »

never had this problem in WITP....im just getting into WITPAE and its a problem...is there any other hotkey for backing out

of menu's quickly other than the mouse?
Schorsch

Post by Schorsch »

F12 [:D]
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

Thing is when you use the ESC key to back out, you have to do it once and slowly, believe me I have tapped the ESC a few times to get back to the map only to realize the game "froze" a second and the second tap will crash you.

not sure why this happens, but I tried everything in the book to eliminate the problem and nothing will fix this, simply save after every few moves and you can ESC all you want.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
stuman

Post by stuman »

Funny, I use it a lot and I never have a poblem.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

plund

Post by plund »

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Thing is when you use the ESC key to back out, you have to do it once and slowly, believe me I have tapped the ESC a few times to get back to the map only to realize the game "froze" a second and the second tap will crash you.
I've run into this same problem more than once and did the same thing to avoid it -- hit the ESC key slowly the second tiem.

I have also run into a crash similar to the one reported by the OP. It only happens when I push a specific button for a specific unit. I would add a pilot to a squadron and then hit esc only to have a crash. All the other squadrons were fine except for this one(s). The simplest way around that problem was always to click on the Exit button instead of using the ESC. It was really annoying to track it down but was easily avoided once the probem was known.
Erkki

Post by Erkki »

Resizing Zuiho's B5N1 group to a custom size, hit enter instead of clicking the OK, found out my mouse was now invisible, hit esc to exit the Air Group screen and again to exit ship (not TF) details, and got a CTD.

The 2nd time I hit enter again but alt-tabbed to desktop and back and was OK.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

Maybe the second ESC push is dependant upon the speed of the computer?  A faster computer moves fast enough that you don't have to wait to push a second time?  I've never had it happen, and my computer is quite overkill for AE.

I also had fewer cases of the old WITP save game crash when you moved the curser while playing on a faster computer.  With a slow computer it was a BIG problem.
Erkki

Post by Erkki »

6-core AMD Phenom II 1055T should be an overkill as well. Though dunno how well the game uses it.
sprior

Post by sprior »

If you press it too much then at the end of the combat replay it will exit WiTP. It's not a ctd, it just knows you pressed esc so when you get to the startup screen it esc s and takes you to the desktop. It did what you said, not what you meant.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

Used to happen to me alot in WitP, even just scrolling. Learned to do frequent saves. It hasn't happened in WitP-AE. Though sometimes it slows a bit. Maybe my game was blessed before it arrived.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

I never had it in WITP, but already few times in AE. But it seems completely random, I can not repeat ESC-CTD under identical conditions. And it surely do not exit to startup screen. Program even do not close itself, which should take 2-3 seconds. It is instant CTD.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”