Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108c (build02)

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

PaxMondo

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108c (build02)

Post by PaxMondo »

What I frequently get isn't the next air group, but ALL airgroups.  "back" brings me back to the group I was working with.  This is with the patch applied.
Pax
herwin

Post by herwin »

I get this, too. Sometimes it's a completely inappropriate dialog--belonging to another type of object in the base. Can't quite figure it out. I usually just back out.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

It's existed for a long time, they're calling it "click-through", and affects various things here and there. Sometimes you click on one thing and it takes it that you actually clicked on something "underneath" that window, in which case the work around was to slightly reposition where you are on the map and try again. In cases where it doesn't involve the map, you just have to be careful not to - how shall I put this - click too long or "over-click".

I think it's just an artifact of the baseline interface that we are stuck with unless/until a total rewrite.
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

Since I had never done this before, I am not sure its associated with the patch. I set up a sub base at Broome. Brought in AS, support unit, AE, fuel and supply. The subs are on auto mode. They are all just sitting in the port and have been for 1 month.

I wonder if there is something I am missing or is this a bug. I set up a sub base at Brisbane and it seems to be working fine. Subs leave out of there and patrol around New Britain.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Since I had never done this before, I am not sure its associated with the patch. I set up a sub base at Broome. Brought in AS, support unit, AE, fuel and supply. The subs are on auto mode. They are all just sitting in the port and have been for 1 month.

I wonder if there is something I am missing or is this a bug. I set up a sub base at Brisbane and it seems to be working fine. Subs leave out of there and patrol around New Britain.

Maybe the port size is too small for auto sub ops?
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Do the AS and AE have supply loaded?
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

yes to the supply loaded, I want to say the port is size 4 but I will have to check it and get back to ya.
gajdacs zsolt

Post by gajdacs zsolt »

This is not a bug report, it's more like a feature request, or feature correction request.

The new beta patch introduced the ability to reform LCUs. This is a very good feature, a long needed one. But I noticed that regardless of unit type/HQ/place of destruction all of them respawn in Tokyo. Normally this would be good, but for example permanent restricted units also respawn there, and because of the restriction they cannot be moved back to their respective theaters. In my case the 12th army HQ got destroyed in a fight in china. It is permanently restricted to China, but respawned in Tokyo. Now I cannot use it :(.

Would it be possible that permanent restricted units respawn in their respective theaters?

Thanks for all the hard work you're doing to improve this fantastic game!
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Maybe the port size is too small for auto sub ops?

The port size is only 3, it will be a few weeks till 4 and then we will see.
akdreemer

Post by akdreemer »

I am having problems with the LCU respawn. I am playing Allied against AI. It is now well into Feb 02 and, although I am given the PP for the dead units, the PP costs stay white, instead of turning green????

Attachments
LCUrespawn1.jpg
LCUrespawn1.jpg (93.6 KiB) Viewed 116 times
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Sorry, wrong thread.
Please remove.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: AlaskanWarrior

I am having problems with the LCU respawn. I am playing Allied against AI. It is now well into Feb 02 and, although I am given the PP for the dead units, the PP costs stay white, instead of turning green????

The recovery of dead units is two phase.
Clicking on the unit will create a cadre and tell you how much it costs to recall the unit.

You then need to to righ-click (?) to confirm activation and PP expenditure.

I am not quite sure what you meant by 'turning green'.
Michael
akdreemer

Post by akdreemer »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

ORIGINAL: AlaskanWarrior

The recovery of dead units is two phase.
Clicking on the unit will create a cadre and tell you how much it costs to recall the unit.

You then need to to righ-click (?) to confirm activation and PP expenditure.

I am not quite sure what you meant by 'turning green'.
My bad, I forgot about the right click. Somehow I had it in my mind that the PP costs turned to green when the unit was ready to be respawned. Oh well, another senior moment.... thanks.

Return to “Tech Support”