PC version?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Artillerysarge

RE: PC version?

Post by Artillerysarge »

Well it appears I was not wrong. This is TWTHOMAS the one who first called this vaporware
and drew the wrath of Mr. Walker and others.
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

I think this is the problem when you begin to openly speak of a PC game before it is finish and puting up a forum. If there is a forum there need to be news. People wait for WiF because there are monthly update, so we know it is not dead. Here, nothing. Not even a "we are working on it".

I can understand that programming takes time and calling a thing you are working on vaporware can be upsetting. But we need something. Or more likely this forum need to be closed until we have a something.

Best regards

Skanvak
Deadmoon

Post by Deadmoon »

This game is the "Duke Nukem:Forever" of wargames :D
Josh

Post by Josh »

Duke Nukem indeed, I had faith in that one too, and whaddya know, it gets released coming May. It has been a long wait though, and we still have to see if the gameplay is any good.
Same for HoS. I still think they may release it someday, don't know when and don't know where though. On the other hand, you can't postpone a game forever because one day it *will* be obsolete.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

This forum is just free advertising for lock and load. It should be shut down and replaced with a COH forum.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Whats the point with CoH coming out anyway...totally missed the boat but I suppose he sells enough boardgames to keep him in money...plus his novel writing...no wonder this game isn't finished.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Artillerysarge

Well it appears I was not wrong. This is TWTHOMAS the one who first called this vaporware
and drew the wrath of Mr. Walker and others.

Notice that there's no "wrath" from anybody anymore. LOL Even Walker's hibernating on this one.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Whats the point with CoH coming out anyway...totally missed the boat but I suppose he sells enough boardgames to keep him in money...plus his novel writing...no wonder this game isn't finished.

I see that he had something to do with four scenarios for the upcoming "Spearpoint" card wargame expansion. He's all over the place, except, of course, on HOS. Doesn't he make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside about how much he cares about this project?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yep, that's the way the market works. We've been waiting for HoS a while now, if someone else beats him to the release date, like CoH, no one will ask for HoS anymore. Unless CoH sucks ofcourse, then there *still* will be  potential buyers for HoS. Who gets there first and who delivers the most? It's a game in itself. But those screenshots of HoS were darn teasing... Oh well, there's more games where they came from LOL
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

I'm really looking forward to CoH. Should make a good PC game.

I'm really looking forward to HoS as well. I know that when, not if, it comes out all you doubters will be playing it too. [:D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

Ah, yes, surely when it comes out.

Though now we should just close this forum until both Matrix and Mark are ready to communicate on this game.

Best regards

Skanvak
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

I'm really looking forward to HoS as well. I know that when, not if, it comes out all you doubters will be playing it too. [:D]

As long as you aren't concerned about *when* HOS is released you can kid yourself forever that it will *eventually* come out and nobody can say that you're wrong. As for myself, I can't see any reason at all to believe that this game will ever be in our hands. In fact, there's every indication that it's dead as a door nail. No preview game. No updates. No discussion from the developers. No discussion from beta testers. No discussion from Matrix. No discussion at gaming sites. No word from Walker saying that it's still alive. Nothing. Dead.
Rocko911

Post by Rocko911 »

This is much like Noahs Ark. LOL
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

As long as you aren't concerned about *when* HOS is released you can kid yourself forever that it will *eventually* come out and nobody can say that you're wrong. As for myself, I can't see any reason at all to believe that this game will ever be in our hands. In fact, there's every indication that it's dead as a door nail. No preview game. No updates. No discussion from the developers. No discussion from beta testers. No discussion from Matrix. No discussion at gaming sites. No word from Walker saying that it's still alive. Nothing. Dead.

its certainly frustrating. Frustrating that we can't at least get word whether the project is dead or not. I'm more interested in Conflict of Heroes anyway. I'm going to start a new thread dedicated to COH. Let's take the show elsewhere...
- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: WilliePete
ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

its certainly frustrating. Frustrating that we can't at least get word whether the project is dead or not. I'm more interested in Conflict of Heroes anyway. I'm going to start a new thread dedicated to COH. Let's take the show elsewhere...

I don't think Walker will ever say that the project is dead. Maybe in his mind it's still alive. After all, there has been at least *some* work put into it. So if you got Walker to make a statement he would probably give the same nebulous answer that he always gives like "you'll get it when it's done" or "we hope to have it out this year", but that doesn't mean that it actually *will* be done. So there's no reason to try to get Walker to admit that it's dead and to remove the thread from the forum.

As for COH, if anyone has any news I'd sure like to hear how things are progressing.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

The beta of COH is coming along fine.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

any ifo, pics, links, and forums for those who are interested to follow? It's bee difficult to find any solid info about CoH. Please, please give us something to work with. Thanks!
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

do you have any news about COH? I can't find much info. Thanks!
WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

well, here we are one year later and still nothing new to report. I think you nailed it on the head about Mark never admitting that it's dead...

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ORIGINAL: Lebatron

Ok, so I'm writing off HoS, but now it's one year later and what do you have to report? Is the COH beta still coming along fine?

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”