Best Results

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Vic

critter

Best Results

Post by critter »

Which do you guys think gets the best results. Artillery bombard then bomb a hex, or vice versa?
What do you mean we're out of amunition???
Keunert

RE: Best Results

Post by Keunert »

Artillery first i think. the airstrike result also depend on the type of units you use: heavier stuff in protective terrain and dive bombers in open terrain and vs. tanks.
maybe Vic or Barthheart can come up with some facts?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

I'd say planes first:

1. Enemy in fortifications/forts: use level bombers to destroy the forts first. Then attack with artillery to further reduce the units entrenchment and readiness.

2. Enemy in urban/forest/light forest (basically any type of cover hex): again I use level bombers first to reduce the entrenchment level so that the arty can do more unit damage.

3. Enemy unit in the open: Dive bombers are great here against all type of units. Again planes first the reduce entrenchment the arty for damage.

And remember that airstikes are only anbout 50% effective in rainy weather.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
critter

Post by critter »

In Op Sealion. Is it worth it to directly invade an English occuppied port?
I know you take extra losses but are they worth it to occupy a port on turn 1? It seems automatic.

Besides the obvious 5 points is there really a big difference in a 70% HQ rating and a 65%?
Between having a Div or units attached to an Army HQ and a Corps HQ?

Been playing on the more challenging levels. Trying to get ready for PBEM.
What do you mean we're out of amunition???

Return to “The War Room”