Soviet Army bonus`s

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

tiger111

Soviet Army bonus`s

Post by tiger111 »

I understand that Tank and Shock armies get bonuses but do Guards Armies as well?
MengJiao

RE: Soviet Army bonus`s

Post by MengJiao »

ORIGINAL: Augustas

I understand that Tank and Shock armies get bonuses but do Guards Armies as well?

The 1st Shock Guards Tank Army was so full of bonuses that Manstein went incognito to drive it around for
a while and then he lost it in Kazakstan which is why the Manstein Coffee House in Tazbrikui, Kazakstan still has
the best Schitzlebrau in the world.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: Augustas

not that I know, and ive read the manual loadsa times

Ive had ordinary armies become guards armies and turn red
matt3916

Post by matt3916 »

The only thing I saw was 9.2.2, "When a unit achieves guards status, it’s TOE will change to the appropriate
Guards TOE." But no other effects.
Sabre21

Post by Sabre21 »

9.2.1. MODIFIERS FOR ELITE UNIT TYPES
[/size]
Axis elite units, to include German SS elite units, receive a fifteen point bonus to their national morale. Soviet Guard units receive a ten point bonus to their national morale.

9.2.2. CREATION OF SOVIET GUARDS GROUND UNITS

Under certain conditions, Soviet combat, support, and corps and army HQ units may become guards units. When a unit achieves guards status, it?fs TOE will change to the appropriate Guards TOE and it will change its name and be renumbered as a guards unit.
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

So...if a HQ becomes a Guards Army and gets the morale bonus

Then there is no difference in game,in combat whatsoever as stated by Helpless in the ''Why is OKH's morale at 40 thread''
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

So...if a HQ becomes a Guards Army and gets the morale bonus

Then there is no difference in game,in combat whatsoever as stated by Helpless in the ''Why is OKH's morale at 40 thread''

No because a Guards Army contains combat divisions that benefit from the bonus while OKH rarely contains divisions that could suffer from the low morale (or it certainly shouldn't contain them)
ussdefiant

Post by ussdefiant »

I think the question was more along the lines of whether the Guard Army HQ provided any morale bonus to non-Guards units under it's command ala the Shock Armies.
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: HMSImperator

I think the question was more along the lines of whether the Guard Army HQ provided any morale bonus to non-Guards units under it's command ala the Shock Armies.

Exactly and I would like to know that myself.

Now it is clear from 9.2.1 that when a Soviet unit in a normal army achieves Guard status, it's National Morale level is effectively increased by ten points.

So this brings up the questions:

1. Does an ordinary division gain a morale bonues if it is assigned to a Guards ARMY?
2. Does a Guards division receive a morale bonus in addition to it's ten point Guards increase if it is assigned to a SHOCK Army?
3. Does a Guards division receive a morale bonus in addition to it's ten point Guards increase if it is assigned to a GUARDS Army?
4. Do divisions assigned to a Shock Army received an additional bonus if it becomes a GUARDS Shock Army?
FredSanford3

Post by FredSanford3 »

They get a nice shoulder patch and a more dangerous assignment.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”