Kolpino to Pavlovo: why can't I cross????

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Panama

Kolpino to Pavlovo: why can't I cross????

Post by Panama »

Why is there a problem with crossing the Neva between Kolpino and Pavlovo or Leningrad port hex to Pavlovo? The Reds have been retreated out of the Pavlovo hex. The Germans are more than capable of bridging a 500 meter or less river. Exactly what it the reason for keeping this from happening? It's not like the Neva is the Dnepr. It's not even close. Anyone have a logical answer?
CharonJr

RE: Kolpino to Pavlovo: why can't I cross????

Post by CharonJr »

How many MPs does the unit have you are trying to use for the crossing and are enemy ZOCs around?
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

You can cross there. It takes a pile of MPs, though, if there are Reds ZOCs, which there almost certainly are. It can take nearly 30 MPs for a mobile unit, for example.

In many major river crossing against resistance, you have to save a unit that started next to that hex at the beginning of the turn, because you always can move 1 hex no matter what.

My guess is you don't have enough MPs.
Panama

Post by Panama »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

You can cross there. It takes a pile of MPs, though, if there are Reds ZOCs, which there almost certainly are. It can take nearly 30 MPs for a mobile unit, for example.

In many major river crossing against resistance, you have to save a unit that started next to that hex at the beginning of the turn, because you always can move 1 hex no matter what.

My guess is you don't have enough MPs.

Well paint me green and call me Gumby. That's a lot of MP. You're right. Not getting across any other way. [8|]

River assaults would be nice. [;)]

Return to “The War Room”