Factories - do you know when you capture them?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Oleg Mastruko

Factories - do you know when you capture them?

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Well the question is very simple, when Axis player captures a city, is there a way to find out whether Soviets evacuated factories before Axis arrived or not?
Mehring

RE: Factories - do you know when you capture them?

Post by Mehring »

Yes, look at the production mode before you capture them. That will highlight any place with industrial capacity in red, and you can see what's in the hex. After you capture the place? Not to my knowledge.
“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky
Balou

Post by Balou »

I managed to bomb the T34 factories in Kharkov (80% damage), but the factories were obviously evacuated before I captured the city a couple of turns later. Question: does anybody know wether rebuilding the factories behind the Urals will be delayed because I damaged them prior to evacuation? The reason I'm asking: if I don't get the city before those factories are evacuated (in all GC evac completed before city was neutralized) and rebuilding them does not depend on previously inflicted damage, why bombing them ?
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

why bombing them ?

To stop expansion and force early evacuation.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Balou

Post by Balou »

Force early evac ? Is there a penalty for early evac ? How long do these factories take to recover ?
“Aim towards enemy“.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Is there a penalty for early evac ?

Yes, no equipment when it is the most needed and no expansion during the evacuation recovery.
How long do these factories take to recover ?

Depends on the damage after evacuation.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Balou

Post by Balou »

Thanks. This is a very useful information because it highlights the fact that any harm to soviet war industry makes some sense. It's a pity that - although the manual is o.k. - you cannot always figure out what's the true impact or practical significance of rules.
“Aim towards enemy“.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

True, but then again, Ploesti makes a nice target.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”