Questions from a wargamer.

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

diablo1

RE: Questions from a wargamer.

Post by diablo1 »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

We haven't moved away from the FOF/COG type of games, but rather are working on multiple projects. This BAB series is intended to last for a few years, but we'll be releasing other games, too. And since there's a definite demand out there for Civil War battles it does make sense to do this.

So, stay tuned to hear about those other games...

Ahhh that is so great to hear. I can hardly wait for your next campaign game then. [:)]
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Greetings Gil,

I haven't talked with you since the ACWGC incorporated FOF into its lineup, but this new regimental level game sounds very interesting! What are you looking at for a possible release date now?
"General" Jos. C. Meyer, ACWGC UA
Union Army Chief of Staff

Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

ORIGINAL: diablo1

We haven't moved away from the FOF/COG type of games, but rather are working on multiple projects. This BAB series is intended to last for a few years, but we'll be releasing other games, too. And since there's a definite demand out there for Civil War battles it does make sense to do this.

Ahhh that is so great to hear. I can hardly wait for your next campaign game then. [:)]

And here is where I dash in to say:

Hundred Years War! else

Vietnam!

Else BOTH! [:D] :Runs:
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid
ORIGINAL: diablo1

And here is where I dash in to say:

Hundred Years War! else

Vietnam!

Else BOTH! [:D] :Runs:

When, oh when, will Matrix finally find a way of ridding us of all of these dratted spambots?
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: Joe Meyer

Greetings Gil,

I haven't talked with you since the ACWGC incorporated FOF into its lineup, but this new regimental level game sounds very interesting! What are you looking at for a possible release date now?

Thanks! See my other thread.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

Just another question from a wargamer [:)]

The game will come with a battle editor or it will focus on scenarios?

With the release should be possible to edit order of battles, map and so on... (like Horse and Muskets)?

---

I have to add that i am very happy for this game, i remember suggesting about a battle engine based on Crown of Glory during the beta test and i know how well WCS staff works [;)]
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

No battle editor, though the files will be quite moddable. Maps can't be changed -- they'll be fixed graphics files that will be map-edited by me. As I've noted somewhere in this forum, I'll be glad to work with players who want to create maps for battles WCS doesn't plan to cover, but the map-editor itself will not be released. So over time WCS will cover about 20-25 of the major battles, and any others can be created if there are players who can handle the challenges of map-making and have the patience for OOB work.

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli

Just another question from a wargamer [:)]

The game will come with a battle editor or it will focus on scenarios?

With the release should be possible to edit order of battles, map and so on... (like Horse and Muskets)?

---

I have to add that i am very happy for this game, i remember suggesting about a battle engine based on Crown of Glory during the beta test and i know how well WCS staff works [;)]
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

Thanks for the reply and good work [:)]
www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.
fmonster

Post by fmonster »

I'll jump in with a very late question. This may have been asked already, but will FOF be required or is this a stand-alone product? Those that haven't played/owned FOF may want to jump on board now.... [:D]
Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Definitely stand-alone. Though anyone who doesn't own FOF is more than welcome to purchase it.[:D]

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”