Multiplayer and updates....?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

gillesvin2

Multiplayer and updates....?

Post by gillesvin2 »

As at 7 Feb 2011 I have had problems accessing a multiplayer game (set up with a known password via email) - the error message is: 'accept failed' - NOTE I have tried an incorrect password and get (rightly) the message 'incorrect password'. Further, when I try to set up/create a game (with a password) I get the the message 'undefined error' and cannot create the game.

Plus: when I log into the mp screen I get the 'red' message that 'a newer version [1.01] is available', but when I try to see if updates are available via the game menu (which I always do given the forum issues) I am informed that I have the latest version.

What is going on? Problems?

Cheers
2ndACR

RE: Multiplayer and updates....?

Post by 2ndACR »

I have seen that version number since release. I just click the screen to get rid of it. Most are running version 1.03 Beta and that is listing the "official" version. As far as I know, version 1.03 has not been made official yet.

The server has been really quirky, so I don't really trust it right now. I have 1 server game going and that is it. I prefer the old school PBEM method. Then if the turn gets "lost" I can always resend it.
gillesvin2

Post by gillesvin2 »

I have reinstalled the game - no impact ie still problems.

I alos note that if I try to create a new mp game, after the 'undefined error' (grey) box, I cannot close down the screen on the game without using Task Manager. NOTE I have not altered my PC config at all since first installing the game in December 2010.

I'm running v1.02 and have not had any problems with this game - which is rare for Matrix games.

Cheers
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

You had 20 games on the server until I deleted the 4 you asked me to delete. Try it now and see if it works. If it does, then I'd say the limit is 20 games.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
gillesvin2

Post by gillesvin2 »

Many thanks Joel - as per my email - I can now access a known password challenge - so I guess the limit is 20 open games.

Gilles
TemujinOz

Post by TemujinOz »

Gilles,

Have confirmed with Slitherine support that there are several limits that apply to server games. The WitE code will be updated in a future patch to present clearer error messages when these limits are hit.

The current limits are :

Total number of 'open challenges' = 10.
Total number accepted challenges in a single day = 5
Total number of 'games in progress' + 'open challenges' = 20

Karl.

Return to “Tech Support”