Rail Bug ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Vorsteher

Rail Bug ?

Post by Vorsteher »

Time 7.7.1941 Smolensk Scenario.
Want repair my rails.

Turn :

http://coding.gamershall.de/WITE/12.sav

2ndACR

RE: Rail Bug ?

Post by 2ndACR »

See that red dot right below and to the west of Vilinus? You have to fix that little dog leg right there.

Attachments
demo.jpg
demo.jpg (305.84 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Vorsteher

Post by Vorsteher »

damns, am I dumb [&o]
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Nope, got me the first couple times too. When you see the --- over your green dots, that means there is a break in your line and you just have to find it.
Skanvak

Post by Skanvak »

Ah yes, but why did they allow him to be repaired in first place? I believed you can only repair from a rail head. I think the bug is their as the rail are repaired but not connected.

Best regards

Skanvak
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Nope, you HAVE to be a certain distance from a repaired rail head. But it does not count as a rail head until connected.

He is still within the distance to a repaired rail line. I think it is within 5 hexes. Plus if you look, the repaired hex to the west of Vilnus and Vilnus are next to each other, hence can be repaired but NOT used.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Nope, got me the first couple times too. When you see the --- over your green dots, that means there is a break in your line and you just have to find it.

me too...

There is a similar spot (V-shaped railway) in Army Group South. Rail segment 49,80 to 51,80 is not really connected to the German network. So one has to be careful to be certain that it can extend the railway in that zone.

The hotkey "T" removes (and then brings back) the counters so you can observe the rails more easily.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Yep, that one still gets me sometimes. Tricky little buggers.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”