Number of empires

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Shark7

Number of empires

Post by Shark7 »

For those wondering, it appears Elliot has made it possible to have as many AI empires as you have races...or rather the player race plus the other races. In my modded game, I have 32 total races, I have my empire and have set up 31 additional AI empires.

Nicely done. [:)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Data

RE: Number of empires

Post by Data »

wow, i don't seem to remember that being on the change list, nice indeed
so now we should ask to go beyond that, no? [:D] ie, have more empires for the same race without us having to work at spliting them up
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

One thing I would like to see is the ability to save and load starting empires for a theme. As it is, setting up 31 AI empires is a PITA. Being able to save the set up I have now, and simply load it the next time I want to use it would be great.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Igard

Post by Igard »

Absolutely. We could then include an empire settings file with each of our mods. It would save everyone alot of time.
frugaldude

Post by frugaldude »

You can save the defaultOptions file in the 1.5.0.4 folder to another location(or possibly rename it, haven't tried).  The 1.5.0.4 folder contains the savedgames folder.
You can then restore a setup by replacing the current defaultOptions file with the saved one.
Data

Post by Data »

yeey, thank you u mod elite master [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Igard

Post by Igard »

ORIGINAL: frugaldude

You can save the defaultOptions file in the 1.5.0.4 folder to another location(or possibly rename it, haven't tried).  The 1.5.0.4 folder contains the savedgames folder.
You can then restore a setup by replacing the current defaultOptions file with the saved one.

That hadn't occurred to me. Of course, it would save every other option, like volume settings, but that's only a small problem.

I'd still much prefer a save option for the empires setup.
Igard

Post by Igard »

I think this is what we want.

Attachments
empiresettings.jpg
empiresettings.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 139 times
frugaldude

Post by frugaldude »

Yes, and saving the settings to the current customization folder would be ideal.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Exactly. Actually there should really be a Load button next to it shouldn't there? [;)]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”