prepare and attack?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

elanaahova

prepare and attack?

Post by elanaahova »

Has anyone used the 'prepare and attack' option instead of the 'attack' option?

How is it really different from 'attack?'
"Banging rocks together... thats the ticket to a better tomorrow."
Abraxis

RE: prepare and attack?

Post by Abraxis »

I used it once by accident then forgot to watch what happened. 
I assume it either has all the ships refuel before attacking, or makes sure they'll all arrive at the site simultaneously.  Probably the latter.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

The 'Prepare and Attack' order basically gathers/regroups the fleet at the system
location where the designated lead ship is. Then, according to the percentages you set
in options, a number of the gathered ships refuel at the nearest refueling spot then
set off to attack the target. Hope that explains it! [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Data

Post by Data »

strange, I thought info about this option was included in the game also but I couldn't find it in the pedia or tutorials
the expansion (or patch that introduced this, don't remember exactly) must be the place where we got our info
at any rate, the explanation the sona guy gave is text book material [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
Johnnycai

Post by Johnnycai »

Had this experience just recently.
The fleet was adjacent to the planet and I selected 'Prepare and attack', it wheeled and hyper'd out of there because I had a single cruiser(with boarded troops) joining it and it was 3 sectors away at the time.
I stopped the fleet and moved back and attacked by normal 'Attack'.

Apparently, the order tells the fleet to assemble all ships in one area and attack with all available troops, so since my lone cruiser was 3 sectors away, my fleet was likely going to meet it half-way, and then return with all available troops-carrying ships to invade.
"Today is a good day to die"

Return to “The War Room”