Upgrading Scenario

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bliztk

Upgrading Scenario

Post by Bliztk »

Situation:

I`m playing a PBEM DaBigBabes with Herwin. I have found several defects that I would want to correct, they are not game-breakers, but if I could fix them, I would be happier [:'(].

If I update the base-scenario and then click on the "apply database changes" option can I

a) Change the TOE of several Japanese units, for example 48th and 20th Infantry Divisions are divided in their components, if I rebuild them, I got a wrong TOE, getting basically doubling their AV, and I doubt that Harry wants to fight 800 AV divisions, albeit in a temporal fashion.

b) Define new upgrades to aircraft in R&D (B6N2a to B7A1 so Japanese TB can upgrade, instead of only D4Y series)

c) Increase the reinforcement rate for Allied R&D Planes, or setting up new factories, so we can model a more "elastic" priority allotment to the "Germany First" strategy, new planes and maybe new ships transfered (added).

So what can I do with the updating scenario routine ?

Thanks in advance [&o]

herwin

RE: Upgrading Scenario

Post by herwin »

Blitzk wants me to add my two bits. I haven't run into any cat 1-3 problems (which is unusual in my experience for a game). It would be nice if someone could put together a list of surprises--like the historical terrain of the Bataan peninsula being relocated to Clark Field for the scenario--but I don't currently have anything worth adding to his list.

I do use my LCUs in an ahistorical fashion--my stacks are either *big* or very small. Anything in the middle isn't strong enough to hold a position against serious attack--there's no advantage in task organising forces for defence. I suspect that makes Blitzk feel like he's swimming in a pool of goo, especially in China, where my small forces are continuously oozing through the holes in his line. If a Chinese corps has been beaten down to regimental strength, I may as well use it as three battalions--it has no more staying power intact, and it has no offensive potential.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
Bliztk

Post by Bliztk »

Anyone knows what exactly updates if we change the data in the scenario ? [&o]
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Anyone knows what exactly updates if we change the data in the scenario ? [&o]

You might want to post this thread in the Scenario Design and Modding forum, rather than the Tech Support forum.

Return to “Tech Support”